I have been attempting to recreate this sound for at least a year!

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by chris92, Jan 14, 2022.

1. vuldegger

vuldegger Producer

i guess you are an FL Studio user ? just asking, becuase if this vocal processing is your game..?

2. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Q: "What bothers you most in this world?"
    A: "My arms are short"

Hmmmm....
    :invision:
    :boombox:"My arms are short, can't wipe my ass so my balls are shittaaay" :speaker:
    :shalom:

3. Stuck In The 80s

Stuck In The 80s Rock Star

We believe it's a KORG M1 preset :winker:

4. WizzDome71

WizzDome71 Producer

Untrue. I told him there was a preset for this in ProQ3 (phone) which could be a good starting point. And of course Auto tune (even better T-Pain effect) and gentle saturation... Not that hard to achieve imo.
    But something noone talked about is the actual voice range of the singer. If you try to make a guy with a deep voice sound like that you will never be able to do it. It depends on the range and timbre of the singing part more than the effects you use.

And sorry for this bitterness everyone could see. Thank God we have Michael Kiwanuka to ease the pain.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Don't worry, I actually couldn't tell what he was even asking early on until everyone else started to pour in with advice.

I feel the same way about emo music, but I always have to remember even if I hate something then I have to just let it be since as a metalhead everyone has always railed against me for my taste and it would be unfair for someone else that finds what they identify with to hear it from me. But yeah agreed this anime music should probably stay in animes lol definitely not my cup of tea.

6. blackmoon

blackmoon Kapellmeister

Well it wasn't meant to be! How do you expect to learn if you aren't open to useful info and tricks of the trade? :yawn:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. chris92

chris92 Member

i noticed you did edit this post - and in all fairness that was unnecessary snark on my end regarding something so trivial.

you make a very true point. dry vocal is always key, unfortunately I have a very low (baritone) voice, my father sang in the opera.

Again, my apologies for that comment - and the ProQ3+Sat only takes me so far. It did actually end up being the end result of the practice chain I saved. Thank you.

The internet is weird.

8. chris92

chris92 Member

gate keeping is lame regardless of technical knowledge/ability.

9. chris92

chris92 Member

"The worst of all in that case is that the guys from this pretentious generation think they have invented everything including the "telephone" voice sound, but the problem is that it's been here since the 70s. you are just copy cats, not even talented. wake up there is a preset for this in Pro Q3. Boomers think artists shouldnt be preset artists and that is our RIGHT."

Nevermind, the guy is an absolute loon. Thank you baxter - ended up being my solution. Did not realize such a drastic cut (0-500, roll-off to preference, etc.) was necessary. The is very subtle but notable. Thank you very much for the technique! @Baxter

To those that doubt coming generations, and their ability to create and inspire, behold modern Mozart:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022