I have a trancy song mixed in Dolby Atmos

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by krameri, Nov 1, 2023.

1. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

Upon bouncing, Logic warned me that AAC would not work for Atmos and wouldn't let me bounce to that. To get around that, I bounced to wav stereo and pulled that into Logic, which then I could bounce to the AAC/MA4 format. I uploaded the wav (not my compressed AAC) file to Soundcloud and this is it. Soundcloud's compression is kinda terrible, I can hear smearing on the hihats that I don't hear in the AAC ma4 file on my system. But otherwise, does this sound decent?

Note and a question: I want to keep the kick and sub bass tracks out of the spacial area. The kick in particular is echo-ey. This is in Logic, using the Logic Atmos renderer. If I understand correctly, those tracks would be in the "bed"? Anyone know?

Many thanks, guise and gals
    -Mark

3. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

That's just a simple stereofile, no ATMOS multitrack.

4. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

Hmm. Of course it's a two channel track (SC doesn't offer multichannel). But someone else should chime in here who has more experience with Atmos, as I can't really speak to that