i have a .com url ......now what?

Discussion in 'Education' started by samsome, Jun 7, 2020.

1. kooper

kooper Platinum Record

I don't use a custom domain name but I do know that google allows this. It seems like I even saw that some are free. I do know the site is free and they even allow you to make money off it, and they don't charge you. I host an online collaboration group, and I use all free services. Don't want to spend money to help people with production. I get paid back bigtime when they help me with things I am weak at or can't do at all. You'd need to look into it but I am positive they allow for custom domain names. I've never had much need for that so we just use the actual sites address. I have done quite a bit of customizing otherwise, and I have the project site integrated with google drive so there is uploading and downloading included in the site's scheme. Oh and I have zero ads on my site. It is an amazing system for free.

2. kooper

kooper Platinum Record

They all pretty much use the standards so ANY service that supplies html embed code allows you to embed players from a multitude of services. I have developed an embeded player for google drive as well. When someone new joins the group they submit a talent profile and usually includes an embedable player so you can hear examples of their work right on the profile using embed. We have quite an accumulation of talent profiles that can be browsed. Most including embedded players.

3. Mr. X

Mr. X Kapellmeister

You may create a free website/blog without the hassle of coding on www.wordpress.com and point your *.com URL to your wordpress site.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Unless you are a preofesisonal using a website either for commerce or for displaying your services and use it as some sort of business card there's really not need to set uo your own website just to "showcase some music"…

Ask yourself this question: "do I really need a website?"
    And why would/should I (aka users) visit it.

From what you said, it sounds really unnecessary to setup a website just for that. If I want to hear your music I can listen to it on soundcloud…

5. droplet

droplet Rock Star

ciao!

what's your domain? where did you buy it?

6. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

7. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

what is the limitation of the free ?

8. Ankit

Ankit Guest

No limitations.
    But you still need to buy domain name and hosting where you can install wordpress.

Here's a quick wordpress intro:

There are many more great videos on youtube explaining wordpress without the need of coding knowledge. There are thousands of plugins that can be installed to your wordpress website to increase the functionality.

9. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

at netcup you get an emailaccount, domain and webspace woth teh option to install wordpress with some clicks either for 2 EUR/Month (inclusive one domain)

A domain alone should be just 1 EUR but then you dont have a email account.

So in the end it is just up to the enduser what he wants / needs.
    Advantage with wordpress.com is that he wont need to manage the server and install wordpress himself.