I hate to call my music, song (regarding the 21st century's definition of a song)

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Sep 1, 2017.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

Where's the music in this song?

It seems in pop, hop and many more cultures, music has different meanings. No super-catchy melodies, just shouting in the form of lyrics.:thumbsdown:

Lyrics or Music? Which one does catch you most? For telling any story you first have to have a strong container. For example most people love 80s' synthwaves unconsciously for the their melodical properties but it looks like today's singers, songwriters, musicians and producers are totally unaware of that period.:dunno:

Musicians write junk music, producers produce junk music, songwriters don't know what is music and singers sing junk lyrics on junk music.:deep_facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. tooloud

tooloud Guest

....and meanwhile all across Africa, children could have gorged themselves at a buffet for the cost of this trash.

4. tooloud

tooloud Guest

And how about this from the director. Sounds a bit like a President I can think of.

IMG_0440.jpg

5. GODSanAI

GODSanAI Kapellmeister

At least you can fondle her ass for a measly dollar :shrug:

6. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

It's made for 11-16 year old girls, since they seemingly are the only ones who still pay for and care about their music enough to go to concerts and buy the paraphanilla. Though the particular example is insulting to even this juvenile demographic - it does have all the catch phrases and one liners that the demographic loves to sing to themselves in front of the mirror while dancing. While it isn't musical and it doesn't break any new ground (if WILLIAM or Fergie are not involved in some way, they need to talk to their lawyers and get paid,) it will sell because it that demographic is more about brand and sing-a-long than content.

Have some daughters shit like this will make you insane (I don't get it - but its what they like.)

7. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

@foster911 I think you're overfocusing only on one branch of musical style, the fact that it's the one which is served to the masses, that's correct, but it's hardly the only one. There's "good" music made even today, just not available on VEVO youtube channel.

Also their views figure might not represent reality in best of terms - back in 2014 when Anaconda was played, not one of my friends knew about it. So the average consumer, may not be that common as media thinks.

8. Zikkk

Zikkk Platinum Record

Same old shit for decades now. 3-note melodies, a couple of chords, trivial and meaningless lyrics, boring rhythm etc. And, of course, nowadays the modern production tools (pitch correction etc.) Did you notice the filter during the refrain? (Antares, Vocalize or something similar). Production tools and a nice body do not make music by themselves.