I get a vst error status while scanning for plugins in FL Studio 20.8 on MacBook Pro 12.6

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by Ilyas159, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Ilyas159

Ilyas159 Newbie

Hi Everyone, when I click on 'Find plugins' in the Plugin Manager, these vsts all always return an error. They are being discovered and populating the Plugin Manager list, but aren't valid or usable. I've tried over a dozen different plugins multiple times over the past couple of days, trying to troubleshoot on my own. I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong. (Look at Pic1) it seems that fl studio is not recognizing the vsts?

Last week they we're all working, but then when I tried to open a instrument (vst plugin: Ample Guitar M for example), this message came up: "This plugin failed to load: 'Plugin NAME' (AU ( - native))" (Look at pic2)

and I can't right or left click, or click on the little star left of the plugin. Someone had this issue before? please help

Attached Files:

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

So what changed from when it was working last week, and now?

If nothing at all, the first thing I would do would be to take a look at my firewall ruleset, and my hosts file.

4. Ilyas159

Ilyas159 Newbie

Last week, when I clicked on a vst, it opened like every normal vst plugin would open.
    Now, when I click on a vst plugin to open, i get this message all the time: "This plugin failed to load: 'Plugin NAME' (AU ( - native))" (Look at pic2)

But When I open the Standalone, the vst works. I tried opening the vsts in logic x pro, and there it also works. Only FL Studio is making a problem out of it.

My firewall is off. and what do you mean by hosts file?

Thank you very much for your answer!

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Things should not just change on your system, without you doing something to cause it. Example: installing a new version of anything, switching plugin types... something you should already know about. (

Should FL even be finding your AU plugins? I thought this would not matter because your screenshot shows all errors with the VST versions. /Plugins/ is not listed in your scan options. Did you already disable all scan locations, restart the program, and then re-enable each location one at a time already?

I am sorry it has been 1 day longer since I installed Logic than I deleted that poor little guy FL. I'm not sure why it is even finding your /Components folder. I'd still firewall it :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  6. Ilyas159

Ilyas159 Newbie

Hey, So I turned my firewall on, I restarted my macbook, and I tried scanning again; but i still get error as status. (look picture)

Do you know how I can, for example, merge the vst of 'AGM.vst' with 'Ample Guitar M'?

Because when you look at the screenshot, 'Ample Bass J' has a filename, in this case 'ABJ.vst', and this one is working. So I don't get why the other vsts are not functioning.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      632.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      634 KB
      Views:
  7. clone

clone Audiosexual

Duplicate instances are never good. This is why I suggested disabling all folders you are letting it scan.

If the cause is your firewall being off, that is another issue. Turning it back on isn't just going to fix it.

8. Ilyas159

Ilyas159 Newbie

I'm only able to disable the second and third folder. That's what I did, and tried rescanning, still errors all over the place...

9. Ilyas159

Ilyas159 Newbie

This is what I mean, how come the Valhalla Plugins for example (check out picture), are seperated from the vst column?
    Literally last week, it was still working.

How could an simple (pkg-next-next-next-install) installation could go wrong?
    Please let me know

Attached Files:

10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Uninstall Fl Studio - Clean your system and install it according to the instructions in the download.

11. clone

clone Audiosexual

Like all those nasty VST plugins you don't need in Logic. :)

12. Ilyas159

Ilyas159 Newbie

okay so, I Uninstalled FL Studio, Cleaned my mac, and installed it back. I rescanned, and now the text just became yellow. (Look at pic)

Attached Files:

13. Ilyas159

Ilyas159 Newbie

okay so, I Uninstalled FL Studio, Cleaned my mac, and installed it back. I rescanned, and now the text just became yellow. (Look at pic)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

14. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Delete the VST3 Valhalla in the VST3 Folder !

15. clone

clone Audiosexual

It is finding that AU still also. that is in /Components. (normally). Who knows here?

16. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Sorry - I don't own a Mac and have no idea about Mac.

17. Ilyas159

Ilyas159 Newbie

I deleted the vst3, i rescanned, again, all errors. Then I decided to remove all files from this plugin: all vst3, all vst, and all AU files (in /components). When I refreshed, I saw this: (look at pic)

The Au Files don't seem to go away, even though I removed them from the Components Folder.

Attached Files:

18. clone

clone Audiosexual

I worked using that dumbass program on pc for like 80 versions of it or something. When I bought a Mac, specifically so I could use Logic again; that sucker lasted about a day. It is a ported program, and you can tell. Unless you have a Maschine or Komplete Kontrol S series, You can save gigs of internal ssd space by not having a VST copy of every Audio Unit plugin.
    Learn Logic with FL deleted, so your crutch is gone and you have to look a few things up. delete it! Best favor I could ever ever do for you :)

figure out how to code sign your plugins and you are done. The only thing faster about using FL, is not learning how to use Logic.

19. Ilyas159

Ilyas159 Newbie

I deleted the vst3, i rescanned, again, all errors. Then I decided to remove all files from this plugin: all vst3, all vst, and all AU files (in /components). When I refreshed, I saw this: (look at pic)

The Au Files don't seem to go away, even though I removed them from the Components Folder.

Attached Files:

20. Ilyas159

Ilyas159 Newbie

HHAHAHAAH, you're right, but fl is so good too! the only thing that i hate about logic is that it doesn't have a step sequencer on sierra 12.6, otherwise, I need to get a new Macbook :( I know how to use logic, but for now i need fl still

21. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Can you uninstall Valhalla completely and then rescan it?
    I suspect one of the companies has a bug in their software !