i fucked up guys

Discussion in 'PC' started by spacetime, Dec 7, 2017.

1. KidPix

KidPix Producer

2. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

windows defender is the last crap, msconfig can be access with some extra tools.

F8 should work well, unless a stupid notebook, where you have to press some weird keys with a pencil.
    one can use a live linux system if nothing works to rescue data.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. EastBoundSounds

EastBoundSounds Ultrasonic

Spacetime did you fix your Comp with Win7..? I might be able to help... I build computers and worked on exchange servers for awhile. Can you get to a command prompt? Quickest Fix is a SFC /SCANNOW ... It will replace the MSconfig ...If you cant get to Cmd ..use the windows CD or a boot disk to get to one..

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  4. DJK

DJK Rock Star

need to do a boot time scan, dl malwarebytes on a usb flash drive, boot into safe mode scan with malwarebytes, also superantispyware is worth a try as it has some repair tools,always, always, always scan everything you dl, but i never had a problem here with malware, so boot time scan, safe mode, and when your system is clean and runs ok, DO A SYSTEM DISC IMAGE BACKUP, then if more issues you restore the system back up image, saves reinstalling all

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. EastBoundSounds

EastBoundSounds Ultrasonic

Then you'd be restoring back to the Image where the problem has already progressed from...I would check for an existing restore point and if there is one see how far back its from.. (which he prob doesn't want to do because hell lose all the programs hes installed since then)... I would do the scan if it finds something... good... if the problem comes back or the scan doesn't find anything... I can walk you manually finding it and removing. If the scan finds something after you delete it try to launch MSconfig... If it wont launch after the scan you might have more then one problem.. Id do a SFC /SCANNOW from an elevated CMD which check for any system files that have been modified since the date they were created and replaces them.. either way Lmk

6. DJK

DJK Rock Star

or try combofix

7. SyphonX

SyphonX Kapellmeister

I fucked up my machine once after installing something from screaming bee. After installing thousands of cracked softwares I felt immediately there was something wrong. It installed some weird files in the windows system directory. If I remember correctly I downloaded it from this place. There were some questions from other members where to put the crack.
    To cut a long story short: I ended up with a virus infected system and had to reinstall my whole system. Not fun. :no:
    My system is not connected to the internet, has no antivirus and stuff. So if I don't trust a piece of cracked software I first install it on another antivirus protected system to see if it installs crap on my machine.
    One positive thing about those whole issue: After 5 years I was forced to reinstall my system and install ONLY the plugins I intend to use. Man, what a HDD space I have now!!! :wink:
    Good luck!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Side-note: A comma in the thread title could make such a difference. :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

For editing startup entries Autoruns is as good as it gets. :wink:

To get rid of the pest
    Hirens boot CD is the best! :wink:

And then run an AV from Hiren's XP.

Boot into your W7 and run SFC /SCANNOW in command line to replace all the affected OS files.

And then run CCleaner, cleaning registry and unnecessary files.

It will be as good as new. :wink:

10. Great minds think alike.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

well that's because hardware always sounds better than vsts. by the way, which toaster do you have?

12. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

The reason i never replied again to this 1,5 Month old thread is that i tried several possible solutions the good people here mentioned

None fixed the problem

I did install an antivirus again, avast, did the bootscan

But really cant be bothered atm to reinstall everything

Sry, its a toaster VST im working on. You put the usual bland nourishing sound in and it comes out hot and crispy if you get the timing right

13. Chris Doyle

Chris Doyle Newbie

boot into safe mode if poss and run malwarebytes and as andrew said do a repair, only problem with that is it takes ages to redo all the windows updates