I Found My Old Cubase SX software and Dongle

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Pure Energy, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

Can I still update this I have the manual the full package they sent me years ago
    how much to update to 11 pro

its so old the manual has turned yellow :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. audiozuser76

audiozuser76 Producer

What for Cubase version exactly is that?

4. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

After i stopped smirking , i actually took a look: https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/
    Steinberg say £405 instead of £499 - £94 saving isn't too shabby, given how old SX is now.

5. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Not exactly my friend. If the OP can get anything from Cubase 6 AI (Elements) and upwards, the upgrade is 211£.
    https://www.thomann.de/gb/steinberg_cubase_pro_11_upgrade_ai.htm
    Given the rate that Steinberg has been practically giving these away bundling them with a shitload of audio interfaces for free, it is most likely you can pickup a version of Cubase AI for literally no money at all to about 20-30 euros tops in the second hand market.
    EDIT: In conjuction to my friend's @Paul Pi quote, may i add that Cubase Elements 11 is just 68£ in thomann.de. If all else fails, you can at least get Cub.Pro 11 by upgrading Elem.11 to Pro 11 with the whole deal costing 279£ which is roughly 320 euros. Oh and the UR12 (which includes Cubase AI downloadable) is just 75£ at thomann, which -as you said- probably makes it the better deal than just Cubase elements by itself.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

Now there's a neat move. From this, it occurs that if a person purchased a brand-new steinberg UR12 interface for £100 - just to have cubase AI & therefore qualify for the upgrade to pro - then they would save £187 over buying cubase 11 pro outright AND they'd have a new (spare) audio interface!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List