I don't like Beatport. What should I do?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Apr 19, 2017.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thank you my friend.:like:
    I know they don't sound good because of inexpertly bungling them together. Also there is no preset. All of them have been synthesized by myself from scratch.

When I'm not able to express myself through my musics, how can I focus on mixing? I try to create something but at the start point I know this is not what I want.

I'm not a 4 bar phrase maker and its expander like most EDM guys. I also don't want to be so differen. Did you hear the music from my previous post for the year 2003? It can not be created by expansion. Its creator knows what he wants in the beginning, something that is vague and indeterminate for dance music makers.

I don't know how I can make such musics also there're no good tutorials for them. Do you know any?:winker:

2. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

You do realise that that track is a bloody 4-bar loop?

3. foster911

foster911 Guest

Maybe, I'm not so expert.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus Producer

Just for the record, the plural of Music ...... is Music.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thank you.:bleh:

6. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Seriously, after trashing more than the entire last decade of dance music this is what you come up with?

7. foster911

foster911 Guest

Suppose I knew it, does it matter? That music is so complicated and kind of incomprehensible for me. Its creator is God for me. How can I dare to analyze it?:rofl:
    Again suppose I analyzed it, does it matter again when I can never inaugurate a new direction in my production cycle to create such thing.

8. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

I'm going to end here.

9. foster911

foster911 Guest

Aesthetically is distinguished and praiseworthy and technically is so involved.

10. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Platinum Record

Beatport is a shop mostly made for DJ's, which mean that the music you find on it is mostly made to be play in a dancefloor context. Electronic music like techno, house, trance and most of the subgenre that came from it, is a culture made on the loop. You don't listen to a techno track by itself, you listen it in the context of a DJ set, and that DJ (when he's good) creates the different variation and subtilities by mixing different track to make his mix, and for the dancer, it became a journey.
    Most of the music from the last 50 year is based on loop, not necessary computer loop, but just repetition, it can be note, drum pattern, chorus or whatever.
    At the end on Beatport, you can find good and bad music, original and unique music, the same as in every other shop, the same as before in vinyl shop, the difference from before and now is the quantity, there is more stuff, more bad stuff of course, but also more good stuff.

But if you're not a DJ, to understand that music and feel what it's all about, you have to go outside, to live it, to feel it. Electronic music is not something made to be listened like a pop song (even if the term "electronic" doesn't mean anything now as everything is electronic), it's a music that you have to experience, just like tribal music or meditation music, you don't listen to it by itself but you associate it with a context.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. foster911

foster911 Guest

I confess that electronic music is mostly connected to the dance or motion context but is it a good reason we produce some groovy beats and let our brain's true ability be suffocated behind those beats? Our brains can be deceived and evince movement behaviors by listening to magnetic rhythmic beaty patterns but is it the idealistic purpose we expect from the electronic music?

12. rhino

rhino Noisemaker

Nobody is pointing a gun to your head, don't go on beatport.
    [​IMG]

It's THAT simple.

13. SomeOtherGuy

SomeOtherGuy Member

I'm totally ignorant of what Beatport is or does, I guess I operate in a different musical sphere. I'm not sure what the OP is asking - I suppose if he doesn't like Beatport he should not visit it, or do they have some kind of monopoly on whatever it is they do?

14. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

Most dance music runs in progressions, with the minimum being 1 bar, and going up tp 64 bars or more depending on the style and track.
    That's your opinion, not a fact.
    Not really, but then again, I don't listen to BeatPort.

https://www.beatport.com/artist/royksopp/10107/tracks
    Actually it can. Stangely enough most songs start life as ideas, that are then expanded on.
    Maybe you'll feel more at home here than at Beatport.