I don't have any problem with harmonizing melodies but if you do, just use this tool

Discussion in 'Education' started by foster911, Mar 26, 2017.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

Hum or import any melody file then select the "Make chords from MIDI melody" option without knowing even a bit from the music theory. Then choose any chord pleases your ears. Also some well-known styles have been provided as an invaluable source of divine inspirations for your tracks. Hurry up, Pop & Rock worlds are impatiently waiting for you ... :rofl:

http://akoff.com/

eg, try out on this hot tune and see the results are promising?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. foster911

foster911 Guest

For grabbing additional styles:
    (just rename the files' extensions to *.sty for being able to apply as new styles to your chords inside the tool)

Composer can open musical styles used with Yamaha keyboards. There are many public domain collections you can download from various internet sites. For example, PSR Tutorial Style Collections at http://psrtutorial.com/sty/. Simply load any style collection, unzip it and open any *.sty file with Composer.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017
  4. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

You're right. You don't have a problem Hamonizing. You have a problem with PROCRASTINATING!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Foster just discovered the auto accompaniment that comes with all beginner keyboards, but the pc version (and with audio input too) On your last thread when you first made this discovery and posted your audio examples, I wanted to say that your progressions sounded like that, like my first casio in auto mode. But, I was afraid of being mean. Seems like I was right all along. My very fist casio had this feature too. When you turn on the auto accompaniment mode, the whole left half of the keys will control this mode. It will play the progression, the bass, and a rhythm all automagically. You can either play one key and it will play all majors. Or you can play roots and 3rds, or triads to make it play the proper maj or minor chords. All you gotta do is select the style, salsa, rock, bossa nova, waltz.....etc lol

Usually when you see someone using this feature they're playing "spanish eyes" at a rec center on bingo night.:guru:

This will never work for me. I dont always start with the root in the melody or bass and I like to use a lot of inversions when I can. I can wite better/complex progressions by hand/ear.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. foster911

foster911 Guest

This is not my finding, lol. I just found this tool today and posted it here for doing people a good turn as I always do. I also have never used any accompaniment style from any tool, midi or even known chord progressions till now because they've not been rewarding and edifying for me. My efforts have been to tease out anything by spending time on them without following blindly. As you've heard my musics, they're not similar to any style.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017
  7. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

Wrong! Your "sounds", sound exactly like generic 80's video game and TV theme songs. Just my observation.

8. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Then I stand corrected, please forgive my misobservations.

9. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

You can't make any original chord progressions. Even the chromatic ones are overused in soundtrack and some videogames.
    Even chord progressions that aren't based on triads, but on some kind of semi or fully dissonant chords are explored by the composers of classical music.
    So you are using well known chord progressions all the time without knowing it.

10. Aliens

Aliens Guest

Lorde - Totally overrated. Doesn't write her own material. Has one photo look which is that of a frog with a hot poker up it's ass.

Not a fan at all. :no:

Manufactured in the guise of an independent millennial. :yes:

11. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Music is supposed to come from inside of us, and not out of a piece of computer software. Doing it this way will never catch the human spirit, and the painting in sound of the emotions that we feel.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

"Professional arranger can complete this task within 2 or 3 hours."

that's a ridiculous amount of time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. TW

TW Guest

lol wtf. If you cant harmonyze your melodies learn it. Thats making music XD. Sad. Finding chords to your melody or vise versa is making music. By the way theese standart chords every (real) musician can give you in 1 minute. Nothing special at all.

14. SoundForSoul

SoundForSoul Ultrasonic

I personally use Synfire Pro, but this is for very advanced work (cinematic & orchestral stuff, even though I have used it more than often for dance and pop), otherwise Harmony Navigator would perfectly to the job!
    http://www.cognitone.com/products/index/page.stml

15. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Right? A simple progression from a melody? Minutes to get a basic one. Find the tonic and go:dunno:

16. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

"2 or 3 hours? A pro?" if we are talking that midi, that must be a joke. If we are talking arranging full score from Stravinsky Firebird suite, that's another story..
    What bothers me is that the program breaks at the end of 4th bar and goes bananas.. but as "Neither a MIDI keyboard nor any musical experience is required to create music." (???) it's OK... I guess.. :unsure: