I decided not to use any preset and just synthesize them for being original.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Jan 14, 2017.

1. G String

G String Rock Star

The wave form certainly looks novel. :D
    OTOH, the basic form of music (contra-basso?) was set pretty early, somewhere between Plainsong and Opera, in which it found full (modern-sounding) expression.

No matter what you do, you're either following the convention or not. One direction leads off to random noise, the other towards clockwork.

Real music ended in 1630 - it's all been gimmicks since then:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Like a city skyline

3. Kloud

Kloud Guest

:bow:

4. gtripodi

gtripodi Kapellmeister

very interesting sound.. i think by the way everyone should be most inpired by making sounds by your self! :)

5. G String

G String Rock Star

I'm no fan but I like the interview.

He's right, but it's more than he says. When you change, the entire cosmos changes, not just "the world".

6. foster911

foster911 Guest

My new experimentation (no specific meaning yet, I know) but anyway thanks for the listening :bow::

I borrowed Deadmus5's modular synth and performed all of these sounds by that. He also asked me to give his greetings and salutation to @Avenel as his huge fan and is waiting for the answer. He's still alive not dead and head and shoulders above all of the other producers.:bleh:

A serious question from my old friend @The Teknomage believing in "less is more":
    How to give personality to the sounds twisted together? Is the period of classifying the sounds as "Bass", "Lead", etc. over?:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2017
    • List
  7. G String

G String Rock Star

I think you broke something.

8. The Teknomage

The Teknomage Rock Star

The only thing would be a matter of timing really. In the first minute, the lead sounds might gel better, if you were to move them slightly, as they seem a bit disjointed from the bass (unless that's what you want of course). After the first minute works much better. It might sound good to add some precussion hits in there, but I'm not talking standard precussion. If you have a digital recorder, or you can use your moble phone. Go outside and hit and kick a few things to see what they sound like, or the kitchen is a good place for some nice sounds (don't upset your mum though). Record the ones that sound interesting and import into your DAW. Proccess them with fx and then you can add them in to your tracks.
    I think that we will always classify sounds in music with terms like bass, lead, precussion, and pad, as we always need to to classify things. It's part of human nature.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  9. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

though I will listen to what you have, from my own experience, it just takes a lot longer to put a whole production together.

But well worth it.. ; I find, (for beat based music) I get a beat going and then start making my own sounds... sampling, adding fx, resampling, and repeat till og sound is so far from original, that it is beyond anything it was.

But I tend to get bored with project, so I start another, than repeat this process, albeit with a new, different track... but then O get bored... I save it... then after awhile, you have a ton of beats/original sounds, and then you go back, and it;s fresh, and you continue to finish... after awhile, you start finishing whole tracks...

that;s been my approach.

I may use Zebra or Diva or Hive, etc... find a preset I like, modify, sample, and constantly add fx and change, and resample, and bounce down to "lock in the changes." BU whatever groove works for you... we can all do our own thing and be unique.

good luck :wink:

• List
  10. MrMister

MrMister Ultrasonic

just stumbled across this..just curious, how do you know what it takes to be a "big" producer?

11. foster911

foster911 Guest

An out of season belief. New season and subsequently new beliefs.:bleh: