I can't seem to install Kontakt 5.5 because of Visual C++ installation loop!

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by cemster, Dec 22, 2016.

1. cemster

cemster Member

Hello everybody,
    I am in deep trouble. I have Kontakt 5.4.3.307 because I couldn't install anything more recent.
    And I want to install 5.5... Obviously. Although I have not tried yet but I don't want 5.6 yet due to the limited libraries situation...
    So the reason it doesn't install is because of Visual C++ redistributable Package 2013!
    Which is already in my system (64 bit win 8.1 Pro) It tries to install Visual C++ for the Kontakt 32 Bit and it goes in to endless loop! I don't even want the 32 bit version...
    I am so sad the words doesn't even form properly. I've been trying to put this studio of mine almost for ten years now.
    And every time things start to come together something happened and shit hit the fan. And now for the first time everything fell into place and I have accumulated all these wonderful samples that I am drooling for and now the Kontakt doesn't install...
    A curse maybe not just the Kontakt! I don't know!
    I'm hopping to get some wisdom from someone out there who hears my screech...

Thank you all..

Note to the webmaster
    I can't seem to upload any GIF or PNG. It gives an error but it won't say why!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  3. Caldera

Caldera Producer

Try to REPAIR the Visual C++ redistributable Package 2013. It also happended to me once! :wink:

4. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Best thing to do is install Visual Studio 2013 full pckg from Demanoid if you do not have , ive found that this pack usually solves all the vst/vsti installation errors, this is what windows programers., devolpers use and is crucial on any { Windows Studio Computer } Good Luck

Visual Studio 2013
    http://www.demonoid.pw/files/details/3064968/0017045651472/

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. odod

odod Rock Star

if you are using Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, same thing happened to me few days ago, i contacted microsoft support and VOILA .. it has been done, i had to reinstall windows 5x to be able to updates .. no luck, until the customer support remoted my pc and did install a batch file and after that my windows able to update and everything went well ..

6. cemster

cemster Member

How do you repair Visual C++ redistributable Package 2013?
    I checked everywhere but couldn't find any related reference.

So I managed to find 'Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 - kopie' and I Installed it without the components, it took noticeably long time, but in the end there was no difference... What am I doing wrong?!

Any help please...

7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

8. cemster

cemster Member

Hello back,
    I thought I should bring this matter to it's end... This is appereantly a huge win 8.1 issue and got nothing to do with Kontakt...

Thank you everybody