I can't get my head around Serum presets!?!

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Bunford, Mar 15, 2023.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

OK, so I've never fully delved into Serum, but I think it's cos I've never been able to wrap my head around the presets. I've looked at the manual etc and searched online, but explanations about how to install the presets always seem convoluted...at least to my simple brain :rofl:

I have some preset packs. Some have just .fxp files, some have those and noises and/or tables etc. They seem inconsistent and, to add to it, I'm unclear where to install these or how to make them available, visible, and fully working with Serum.

Anyone able to help with an easy step by step for a simpleton please?! :wink:

3. cicigina

cicigina Noisemaker

Best Answer
    C:\Users\[USER]\Documents\Xfer\Serum Presets\
    put the .fxp's in \Presets
    the noises in \Noises
    and wavetables in \Tables
    then in serum you click on the menu at the top right and refresh database

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

I think he is on Mac.

There are three basic types of files. Things you put into /Presets which are the simple fxb files. You have /Noises and /Tables. Tables are the wavetable samples.

The content may seem inconsistent, because some presets reference stock files from /noises or /tables, and some require their own custom noises and wavetables which you need to extract into the correct directories for them to work correctly.

It is not "cookie cutter" and the same content required to be extracted for each soundest to function correctly. You are expecting uniformity, and it's not exactly like this.

5. DKB

DKB Producer

If on Mac . You need to put the presets in . Hd/Library /audio / presets / there will be a xfer folder / presets , tables , noises so on . Place the presets into the presets user folder and place noises tables into their user folder . If you can’t find the xfer folder in library, audio , presets, xfer. Try your user name first

6. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

On Windows. And thanks!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  7. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Cheers for this :wink:

I assume I can place them on another drive and use a hard link junction from Documents location to it if I have lots of banks I don't want to hog my C: drive?