I am wondering why this EQ plugin is not more popular....

Discussion in 'Software' started by ceo54, Aug 27, 2022.

1. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Audiosexual

@No Avenger is holding out on all of you. This is, in fact, the best EQ out there, above all others, aesthetics, sound quality, all of it. I can't tell you how many times I've needed to spear my orange frequencies up... but then needed them to cliff-dive like a mf'er... ya'know, to really glue my mix together. And, as I said, No Avenger knows about the ultimate-ness-icity of this EQ, he's just distracting you all with fancy sound examples and flowery prose so it'll remain *his secret weapon.
    For shame, good sir. :dont:

spline_interface.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

:woot: I FEEL TRIGGERED :rofl:

3. lxfsn

lxfsn Platinum Record

That's ok. Someone needs to fill the 80% :rofl:

@everyone - this is a very intersting phenomenon, the 80/20 rule. Out of all people that want to make music, just 20% will actually make a song. Out of these 20%, 80% will give up and 20% of them will continue. Out of the remaining 20%, 80% will make shitty music and 20% will make actually listenable music (proper tonal balance, even though the music itself is not ground breaking). And the list goes on: out of these 20%, 80% will be stuck forever in mediocrity and just 20% will actually make original music. And I didn't even reach the "making money of music" level.

It's our main duty to constantly assess our personal evolution. If from year-to-year we make quantifiable, positive changes, chances are we cross all these 80/20 barriers, one by one. At the end of the day, dedication trumps everything. The one that stays the longest in the game while also improving it's craft, will get to see the results of their dedication

And if is not clear, anyone can do it. just make sure you actually make music and that your craft is better year after year. If 10 years later you still ask about what keytracking does... let's say is not ok (to put it mildly)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Paul Smith

Paul Smith Member

We are already craving for Crave right?

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Guilty as charged. :rofl:

6. StonyLix

StonyLix Member

Ceilings of Sound EQ - AYAIC
    Any users?

7. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

thanks for the nice answer @lxfsn

8. muse2love

muse2love Producer

You forgot about this guy...

and remember...choice of Eq is like saying you have to use salt here and pepper there....

Sergeant Pepper Says no....

Don't fallow rules and make music that sounds simply the best... and take what ever it takes to make it happen even Ti-Jean Carignan tricked the Queen of fuckin England by playin a cheap 14$ dollar violin bought at a pawnshop... and refuse to play on anything else lolz

QRange – lkjb Plugins (wordpress.com)

https://lkjbdsp.wordpress.com/qrange/

Real good Eq here even thought the interface is not the best... we mix with our ears not an interface
    PeaceR

9. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

there's no "analysis" or "results" if you're using "listening experience [...] to the best of my ability"

Pro-Q 3 is made by some of the best people in the business and while you can have some grief about the user interface leading you to different choices, a linear phase graphic EQ has far more compromises than what you get with a well-written parametric like FabFilter's offering. In terms of sheer flexibility and being able to use the right tool for the job, the Voxengo is not even close.

10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Hmmm... this kinda answers itself, Can we move it to humor now? :rofl:

So true... and your snares still suck...:winker::rofl::rofl:

11. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

analogy:
    Screenshot 2022-08-29 at 22.40.20.png

cubepart123.gif

its the priint that verdicts.

12. Balisani

Balisani Member

FabFilter is a highly esteemed company, that makes very well-regarded (often beloved) products. On the FF podium Q3 debatably takes Silver or Golf. In the entire spectrum of EQs (see what I did there), it's a matter of preference. I find Logic's EQ sufficient for many of my tracks - if only in an effort to limit CPU usage - but I routinely pull up Q3 for the more surgical or bus-scope requirements.

If you believe Q3 is garbage and your music isn't - keep using whatever tools sound best to you. If your music is garbage though, don't blame the tool. At least not publicly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List