Hypocrisy - Roswell 47 Cover

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by venndi, Feb 18, 2017.

1. venndi

venndi Ultrasonic

Hi Volk

I made a cover from Hypocrisy, Roswwell 47.
    What is your opinion about mixing n mastering? What should I change to make it better?

3. I was feeling a little claustrophobic from the guitars. They are too loud and I personally am not a great fan of guitar sounds without getting at least some sense of room to tie them together, gel them into the same space as the drums. There was a little bit of relief during the interlude about 3/4 through where things softened up a bit where the mics seemed to take a step back from the amp grills, though then it came back right away to the status quo. You might try to use a different drummer as this one didn't have a great feel for the song and was a little too far behind the beat for my tastes. It lagged the song a bunch of the time. Nice guitar playing!

Edit: Same thing with the drumming in Wolverine Blues. I dug your In Flames tune. Kicked ass! The drums were spot on.

4. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

good start but needs work, the drums are too separated need reverb, snare needs to hit in the chest more, kick needs to have more body the guitars are too bloated in the 300 hz range and could use slight analog warmth throughout to glue together