Hybrid Mixing Setup, How To Do This???

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by jksixfour914, Jan 20, 2019.

1. jksixfour914

jksixfour914 Kapellmeister

What's up? This question always been on my mind and always wanted to find out how to do this so I could possibly one day do this setup. First off I'm a beat maker and always wanted to dip into mixing my beats and process them through some analog hardware. I used Studio One 4 Pro and my goal is to use a few eq's, compressors, or channel strip. I would like to use them for all my channels and mix bus.

First I'm not sure how this would work in getting this all connected to work in Studio One. I've seen videos that explaining how to use the in/out setups in daw so that part I kind of get. And what I understand is if I'm on a channel and use some signal processing, I would have to bounce that to audio using the effects before I moved to the next channel since there is no recall correct?

So for the first part, what would be needed to get something like this going? Currently I have a Pressonus Studio 26 audio interface going into my persons monitor station v2. I was thinking maybe something along the lines of the api lunchbox or similar with a few boards to get my chain that I would like.

Can anyone explain or point me in the right direction for this type of setup if anyone has something similar? Much appreciated and thank you in advance.