Humanizer Plugin for Real time swing and groove manipulation?

Discussion in 'Software' started by curtified, Nov 22, 2020.

1. curtified

curtified Rock Star

I'm looking for a plugin or preset to organically swing, or "humanize" my audio in real-time. Something that can shift an incoming audio signal randomly in time and possibly velocity. I'm on Ableton so a max4live plug could work too.

Sinevibes - Reshuffle seems promising but it gates audio and doesn't feel organic.

Melda has a preset in their MXXX plugin that does a good job but not quite there.

3. joem

joem Producer

you can do it in your daw pretty much all daws have a swing and shuffle option.
    I know fl studio has studio one has and so does ableton. Or you can do manually by unquantizing your kick and snare hats by a short few milli seconds

4. 6ixcore

6ixcore Producer

5. curtified

curtified Rock Star

I do use the track delay and groove pool in Ableton. I'm looking for a realtime option to swing and groove.

If I chop up a sample in Ableton I would like to apply a Lil groove sauce to it via a plugin just as I would do the same when adding another effect IE Reverb.

6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

If you're chopping the sample manually, I would just arrange/nudge how you need. If you have a MIDI controller with pads, even better because you can go play whatever rhythm or groove you want. You can also try turning off quantization and adjusting swing
    If you slice your sample to MIDI notes, you should try using that M4L device Flexgroove. There are a lot of M4L devices that can mess with the groove but many are step sequencers.
    If you slice to a DrumRack, you can use pretty much any sequencing plugin that has swing or shuffle parameters.
    I used to use Stylus RMX to do this but chaining different devices became more fun.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020