hum low frequency

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by l3N, Mar 24, 2024.

1. l3N

l3N Noisemaker

Hello friends, I need your help. I equalized the two tracks in the frequency range, but there is a very large difference in the low frequencies. Strong hum in the range of 60-200 Hz in one of the tracks, how to deal with it?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024

Attached Files:

• 1111.png
      1111.png
      File size:
      268.8 KB
      Views:
  3. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

I'm afraid you need to explain your problem more in detail because, if there's a freq (range) that's too loud, just lower it with an EQ...

4. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Hard to tell what's going on, but if you're really having an issue with hum, check first if there's a plugin causing it. If not, it's probably just a bad recording and you either cut the hum off (if possible), or use something like a de-humming plugin.

5. l3N

l3N Noisemaker

sorry but I'm just learning, I guess I still don't quite understand what I want, but thank you all for always trying to help

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

Why don't you upload the file and everyone can see what you have really going on? Just a short clip.

it could be caused by your electrical setup. details of what and how you have everything connected may be needed to figure it out.

You can sometimes get noises like this also from any self-oscillating plugins you may have in the DAW session. Bypass them all if you do not know. And then re-enable them individually until you add the channel which is the source of the problem , and the noise returns.

The first thing I might try would be to swap the power supply with a different one, if you have one. like a power strip. Are you using an adapter between the outlet and your power strip? You could also try switching that if so. This is where you might be headed with this: https://www.homedepot.com/c/ai/gfci-vs-gfi/9ba683603be9fa5395fab9015367676c

Not Home Depot. just GFCI explanation.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2024