Hulkfile Shuts Down Following Expendables 3 Lawsuit!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Diabulus in Musica, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

[​IMG]
    The Expendables 3 leak has claimed a prominent casualty. Cloud hosting provider Hulkfile has ceased its operations in the United States and will soon shut down its service worldwide. The company says it has no other option than to throw in the towel after its business was severely damaged by a Lionsgate lawsuit.

Continue on: http://torrentfreak.com/hulkfile-shuts-down-following-expendables-3-lawsuit-140813/

3. onhappin

onhappin Ultrasonic

Fuck :wow: !
    Never had an account there, but used it a few times to grab a thing or two with relatively good speeds compared to others.
    That's really sad man, considering it happened for a hypershitty Hollywood crap.

4. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Producer

"Fearing a massive loss in revenue, movie studio Lionsgate sued the operators of six websites "

Their going to make a shitload of profit off this movie so i don't see a need to sue those sites especially when people are just going to get it from another source such as torrents anyway .

5. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Up until the film got put up on the torrents sites I don't think there had been very much publicity of the film, yet 3 weeks before its cinema release and the whole media sector were suddenly discussing the film, strange that, don't you think?

6. clamz

clamz Newbie

ridiculous, they can't monitor everything that gets uploaded on their site. There needs to be a law protecting these sites from these suits. They need to go after the uploader and that's it. This is like sending a copyrighted file through gmail, then google getting sued.

7. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

One goes and another one emerges.

8. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Downloaded this movie, saw it then deleted it:
    Beside Gibson as the bad guy, this is just another forgetable summer crap.

9. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

*no* NO, I'd say: One goes and other two stay (Rapidgator+Uploaded)!
    Don't you guys find it suspect that these 2 above have nearly total dominance/control?
    They always chase and close down the better (+faster) alternatives! :snuffy:

10. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

yeah exactly, i saw the dvdscr and yeah its such an forgettable movie and the half of the movie was only gunshot and blabla.
    anyway a bit sad Hulkfile with shutdown ...

11. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

This has happened quite a few times in the far and recent past, and will undoubtedly happen many more times in the future. Companies such as Lionsgate have been pulling this shit for a long time. They've even launched lawsuits against Usenet. In this day and age of high-speed streaming and file sharing, they are going to have their litigious little hands full. Plus, it costs these movie production companies lots of money when they file these suits. These actions alone contribute (sizeably) to the deterioration of their bottom lines. Very short-sighted and stupid in my opinion. I suspect that after a while they'll realize that playing whack-a-mole with these hundreds of file sharing venues is a total waste of time and money.

12. lukie

lukie Newbie

funny!
    No one wanted to touch the first movie thats why Stallone used his money.

When the fuck are people going to wake up and stop taking this shit,
    It's just like the school bully you let them take the piss with you and your fucked all the way through school.

Max Keiser said the film industry was for tax right off's and has been for the last 30years

At the end of the day (I know its gets dark), but there still making films.

all its is that they see how many people are dl-ing and there trying to put a price on it,

most people if something is free they will take it, they make from the cinemas and business

Greed breeds Greed and addicts well there just addicts, addicted to the most excepted drug on planet "MONEY" :rofl:

13. Levitate

Levitate Producer

Awww man,I liked that one too

14. Jannegirl40

Jannegirl40 Ultrasonic

I agree with everyone here, especially considering the fact that they didn't even lose any money.
    Someone in a high position is abusing their power.

15. xoso

xoso Kapellmeister

It's funny this comes from a movie they had to pay every action star they could get there hands on to sell. I've never seen any of them, but I have not run into a single person who has ever said anything good about the series period. As for loss of revenue they already did that just making the damn thing.

16. Horsemen

Horsemen Member

I was using Hunkfile as a host because it had good download speed for free users

Hunkfile said the issue was not applying the DMCA takedown notices for this movie in a timely matter

Hunkfile said they were on a week long vacation and did not check their email for any DMCA notices during this time period

17. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

Yeah, and they supplied a 'removal tool' to copyright holders (and their internet-watchdogs) just for a case like this. "Here, in good faith and to prevent any trouble and to show our true intentions, here is a tool that you can use to remove _any_ file at _any_ moment without our interference". They gave them so much power.

What does MarkMonitor say? "No thank you, we want you to do it". And then get an injunction that they didn't act swiftly enough.. while MarkMonitor themselves declined the possibility to do it all themselves.. The injunction which passed in record speed and in such a broad manner that the companies can't even defend themselves smells like a pre-planned action that was put into motion.
    All of a sudden everything aligns, and Hulkfile is behind in takedown requests because of being understaffed, and a huge movie leaks and an injunction is proposed and passed within a week? C'mon, that can't be right.

18. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

And the real story is..... look at the movie 'they' chose to do this with, look at the imagery, and the line-up of stars, and the name of the move - Hulkfile is expendable. It's just another scare tactic, and another big laugh for the illuminati. *yes*

19. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

agree heartily... just look at that line up of drooling millionaires :unsure: ... not that i would watch this probably shitty movie anyway... most of what hollywood is feeding the world is utter crap
    anyways these days...

I'm only crying a tear for hulkfile..and our lovely little community... it was a really good free service... I hope it won't be offline for good

20. Javair

Javair Newbie

Damn that's to bad I liked Hulkfile for me it had nice fast download times unlike UL or RG, even when I had a paid account these two were slow as shit.
    As far as Lionsgate losing massive revenue.... if you make a shitty movie it will not make as much money, but we all know even that will not stop these greedy motherfuckers from making money hand over fist on this turd.

21. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

LOL, what a professional way to run a business...if that BS is true that is....

Anyway, "Limetorrents.com, Billionuploads.com, Hulkfile.eu, Played.to, Swankshare.com and Dotsemper.com." (and the likes)

won't be missed for long I'm sure...