Hpersonic 2 Steinberg with Cubase 8 / Win 7-32 /Win 7-64- ( How to )

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by van.burg, Apr 17, 2016.

1. van.burg

van.burg Noisemaker

How to use Hpersonic 2 Steinberg with Cubase 8 / Win 7-32 and Win 7-64 bit ! :

A friend of mine told me this:

The Hypersonic 2 is still one of the best VSti around in his opinion. Only 1,5 GB with very good sounds and low cpu usage. Better than the oversized sample libary of Halion Sonic-which they sell as Hypersonic 3.

There are different statements if a legit Hypersonic 2 will work with cubase 8 or win7 /64.

But here how my friend got the shareware version to work von Cubase 8 / win7 -32 bit:

1. Use the orginal installer of Hypersonic 2 . ( H2O brought on out as well ), and don´t install the licence center or the H2O emu ). Use any directory.

2. Install the air internal version in the same directory / overwrite. Run the libary locater from the air content release. ( deleate the orginal content directory )

DONE !

Didn´t get it to run on Cubase 8 with 64 bit, even with bluecat patchwork. It seems the "air internal" version just won´t work in 64 bit. running please tell me !

Actually you should get all the air internal versions to run like written above, but the problem is, that some of the orginal installer disks don´t leave you the choice, to install the syncrosoft licence center, and then you get a problem with the legit version of cubase 8.

Update: My friend got it to work with win7 64 !:

1. Use the orginal installer of Hypersonic 2 . ( H2O brought on out as well ), and don´t install the licence center or the H2O emu ). Use the suggested dirctory (program x86 ).

No need to install the orginal content.

2. Install the air internal version in suggested directory .

Place the libary everywhere you want. Run the libary locater from the air content release.

3. Rename the hypersonic.dll and rewire.dll in the original install directory (program x86) in .dlx, so it want be loadable dll anymore

4. Use jbridge 1.63b from audioz.Follow as jbridge suggests , using a 64 host.

5. Point jbridge to the "air internal" install and save the new hypersonic64.dll to the cubase vst plugin directory.

Working good in Cubase 8 ( and still testing )

Someone suggested to set jbridge to "Run in existig auxhost". I didn´t try this since it´s running.

Holly shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ready now to move my system to 64 bit ?!

Beware that Steinberg is spying out your Software by illegaly collecting Data when your online !

read more here in the Forum !

Greetings

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  3. Caldera

Caldera Producer

You should MANUALLY edit your registry for the correct content location :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Steinberg\Hypersonic 2\\Content Location.

The data you type in there is your COMPLETE location i.e. : C:\Steinberg\Hypersonic\Hypersonic 2 Content

Cheers.

4. van.burg

van.burg Noisemaker

Definetly wrong man, sorry.

Looked up for the registry entry and it showed the right content path - it still crashes with win7/ 64bit

5. Caldera

Caldera Producer

For me this edit works in 64bit . I assume you're using Jbridge just as I do because Hypersonic2 is 32bit!!

6. BlackImpact

BlackImpact Member

Also if you have purchased and registered Halion Sonic, your Steinberg Key will contain the licenses for Hypersonic 1 and 2, Halion 1 2 and I think 3 as well as something else if I can remember. I got sick of the complicated AIR installation so I bought Halion Sonic thinking it would be a replacement only to discover this so I use it for the Hypersonic 2 license. I don't even use my Halion Sonic software.

7. gtrdrumsplayerduarte

gtrdrumsplayerduarte Newbie

Do you think it could work with other syncrosoft emu releases? I would like to buy virtual guitarist 2 but it`s not available since 2007.
    I`m using cubase 8.5 and I have also the license for Hypersonic 2. Is it possible I could run Virtual Guitarist AIR version?

8. van.burg

van.burg Noisemaker

HI, Virtual guitarist 2 from AIR ? Are you shure about that ? I haven´t seen this release.

You can´t run any emu for syncrosoft besides a legal cubase version. The only thing that works is the AIR Internal Version, which is based on a dll "emu".

And........virtual guitarist 2 was cracked the version which has been out was stable and running.

Last edited: May 6, 2016