Howto get that PRO POP music modern voice mixing sound?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Anders, May 31, 2017.

1. Anders

Anders Newbie

Hi!
    I wonder about to get that fat voice that your here on pop music sound today!
    Its like the singer is double tracked-sound or what it is and i dont used mean in the chorus but in the
    verse also.

Like Ariana Grande or someone popular song in the top. Just focus on the voice here.

Is It the Delay or reverb that makes it or some special double software plugin or they record many times?

THANKS!! = )

3. NextGenSound

NextGenSound Kapellmeister

I think it's a combination of vocal arrangement and a few fx...Waves makes a cool one Reel ADT and also vocal doubler works pretty good to fatten things up a bit. Radiator is pretty awesome on vocals too!

4. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Pop lead vox and some rap is double tracked and then timed and tuned to perfection and mono right up the middle. Thats the starting point for that sound. The width can be either doubling fx or more takes panned, but looser with the timing and tuning