How you use midi pack updated 363,000

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Beatologist, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Beatologist

Beatologist Newbie

Hi All

Regaring this pack that was recently uploaded 'The best ever midi pack updated 363,000'. How do you guys use yours? I mean, I make my own original music and i'm sure most of you all do, but how do you use these midi in your production? I can understand how one might manipulate the drums etc, but what about the rest, do you straight copy and call it music? :rofl: :rofl:

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i dont. the more things you have the less creative you can go, because you are simply lost.
    i have a pack of trance/techno and house midis collected from a midi page, i use, when playing with synths and design some presets for me, thats all. i avoid really all of these midi packs.

4. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

I agree with Artic. Midi packs are for lazy people. Anybody can bang out some crap on a keyboard or drum machine and export the midi.How Lame!

5. mono

mono Audiosexual

i myself play piano and keyboards for over 25 years
    but i know alot of people that can't so they should come in handy.
    There are also lots of top music artists that use midi especially in trance were
    they take chords ect from classical music bach, beethoven, mozart
    rearrange them and hey presto a number one hit,
    Then there are people with disabilities that can find good use for midi files
    and used with a good pack of presets the music any-one could make with them is endless,
    what ever works for you and makes you happy is the right chouse
    be it presets, loops or midi,so in my vew there is no wright or wrong way to make music
    as long as you like what you made thats all that matters,

6. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

I completely agree with everything you said. However I'm not one of those guys. I rather make really crappy noise all on my own :wink:

7. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

If I use MIDIs it's mostly for remixes or study/insight into the structure. Or to test libraries (e.g., perc with MIDI grooves for different contexts/styles) Or extracting drum grooves/layers. That, pretty much.

8. Only sometimes for percussion tracks, and even then I manipulate the notes because it is just a guideline to fast track a part. I never use sample packs though as I feel that I would rather create my own art. Same goes for presets. Everything must be changed or mutated else it is not my own.

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

why was this posted in Mac/hackintosh?

i moved it to working with sound.

10. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

u guys are acting like tards, I do use midi's and I don't feel ashamed

I was going to point out the where and the how but since all the noses are up in the air & there is no interest I rather not

11. tommyzai

tommyzai Platinum Record

MIDI packs, audio loops, listening to the radio, etc. are all excellent for inspiration and breaking through a creative blockage. The Beatles would take a couple words or notes they liked in someone else's song and build a masterpiece from it, e.g., Please Please Me, which was inspired by Roy Orbison, I think. Anyway, Unless you are building your own instruments and live in a vacuum I think all tools can be useful if used wisely. Sadly, many "musicians" just connect found loops and time stretch them into a song. That's fine, but such a person is not a song writer or musician; they are a producer or re-mixer. Tzai has spoken. ;-)

How you use MIDI pack 363,000? I would probably sort them, delete some, rename what's left, and create a manageable collection.

12. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

I have downloaded to get some inspiration though. But it was a platfall. All 'music' is kindermusic aka house techno for 6-9 years old kinder.
    I deleted it as quickly i could before my taste of music got contaminated. :bleh:

13. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

If it sounds right it is right...

14. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

ccleaner took ages to run after deleting this bloat 400.000 files