How will iOS update from 11.3.1 to 11.7.2('15 MBP) affect pirated DAWs/plugins?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by adamstick, Jan 21, 2023.

?

Should I give up on trying to learn audio z and Bittorrent clients in general?

Poll closed Feb 4, 2023.
  1. Hell yes, you sound and probably are a useless, sad idiot masquerading as a musician

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hell no, don't give up, you are capable

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. adamstick

adamstick Newbie

Okay,

I want to download Amazon Prime Video player from the App Sptre (for a really conceded reason too) so I can screen record a Documentary-series that my former band and I appear in for a significant amount of time in one of the series episodes but I would have to update to 11.4 Big Sur iOS at minimum to be able to download the app from the app store on my setup.

Now, this is not enough for me to ignore all the advice I've gotten from my music production buddies (all 2 of them that are actually knowledgeable about this subject) that have told me to avoid updating my iOS for as long as possible because it could negatively affect (cause the software to not work correctly, the way it did pre-update) and could possibly ruin the many useful and enjoyable music creation software installations I have.

Add that I am typically against all things Amazon (including Prime and Prime Video) and my appearance in the interview and the shots of us playing do not outweigh the risk of fucking up a good thing that is dear to my heart and my life, but does anyone have experience updating the iOS and it not fucking up as badly as anticipated?

I am pretty ignorant of how my computer works and especially when it comes to software downloaded and installed from audio z (and other BitTorrent sites). Truthfully, I paid nearly 1000 bucks to have as much popular/in-demand software that is used in professional music studios (Ableton Suite, Logic Pro X 10.6, Waves complete bundle, Pro Q, Roland, Vallahala, Korg, etc. Those are my most used/faves off the top of my head)

And since it would still be Big Sur (11.3 what I currently have), what are the chances of me fucking up installations? Obviously, I am avoiding the possibility of having to pay someone again to reinstall some of the software I mentioned. I know I should avoid updating to avoid the possibility of fucking up my MBP, in addition, I should learn how to successfully download and install the software that I want from Audio Z and similar online resources so if something does fuck up I can install myself instead of having to pay someone.
    And I would get to enjoy some of the newer cracked stuff that I am interested in experimenting with and get some of the remaining stuff on my wishlist (Melodyne, Arturia instruments to name a couple).

ARe there any positives that would come from downloading and installing this iOS update? Besides the ability to download an app that I would only use for a few minutes?

I know I sound ridiculous and out of my mind, which I am due to the long-term effects of substance abuse. I am in recovery now and I am glad for the majority of my day, but the part of me that enjoys being in self-pity and enjoys being disappointed in myself for not accomplishing/learning things that would take a relatively small amount of time and ultimately be rewarding for me in the long run (learning how to install successfully from Audio Z, RutRacker, etc and how harmful, if at all would updating my iOS be to my music production software).

Any advice, information on the iOS update, or info/resources on how I can read and/or watch resources on how to successfully download and install software (music production primarily but other programs in the future..but first how to use Audio Z (or other BitTorrent sites) successfully in order to be able to have a more enjoyable experience by learning how to avoid paying people in the future when the time comes for me to get a new machine, and I can't afford everything that I want to use in my music studio or when I am hired by clients to produce/create/help them create music, or when/if I want to help another newbie navigate this site and similar ones, it would be much appreciated and will be passed on gratefully.

Peace, love, and blessings to everyone today.
    AS

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

if my main goal was to do a screen recording I would just use OBS Studio:https://obsproject.com . The chances of you screwing up your computer are zero. Mac will not let you upgrade to an operating system where core things will not work. Your favorite plugin might not work, as an example. But your DAW will.

If you have external hardware which is dependent on the various operating system versions, check the compatibility of them first. You almost have to be deliberately trying to screw stuff up. Or running programs for the incorrect processor types...

make a Time Machine backup and keep it on a good external drive.

4. adamstick

adamstick Newbie

Thank you!
    I totally forgot about OBS and I think this will be the right solution. This software is able to record the video on screen as well as the audio too right? I haven't used OBS before but I've read and heard it being used a lot by streamers, podcasters, and YouTubers. Thanks for the suggestion especially in regard to the hardware potential issues/points.

Appreciate the idea big time.
    Gracias!

5. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

What site is it? If it's a common one, you could also try to download the source video file instead of recording the screen.
    There are a lot of tools available to do that.

6. adamstick

adamstick Newbie

its on amazon prime video