How to work fast with drums/samples on projects?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Highdom, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

Hello!
    I make electronic music, with Logic X and a little bit of ableton. I usually experiment new techniques of workflow.
    Most of the time I spend on a project is to make the right melody and arrangments, so basically the structure. During this process I actually put some drums to keep in my mind the ideas of drums and then when I got the right structure of instruments, go back to the drums and make them finished. But it's a little bit annoying because I have to search for the right kickdrum ecc... I actually open finder on my mac and listen to some sound until I found the one I think it works for that project.

Any other more creative ways to search for the right samples? For example I know that logic has its personal finder and it's cool but, for istance Fl's one is really better in my opinion for my experience of usage.

Thanks!
    I appreciate every advice!

3. modelarmy

modelarmy Ultrasonic

Hi Audofinder from Iced Audio is top. You can prelisten Audiofiles, midi and much more. Then you just drag and drop the files into logic.
    I saw it by DJ Ramirez. You know here you´ll find it.:wink: