How to View all your <SNPID> Codes from .Nicnt's

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Introninja, Jun 11, 2014.

1. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

.... or u can sort libraries with "main" categories like I did looooooooong time ago...

not much scrolling so its easy to work with it.... and + quick load "template" and viola.... ;)

click here...
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/kontakt-walls-by-categories.40032/

2. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

About changing the order of the libraries on the left panel:
    This thread is quite old, so consider that new Kontakt versions have some "innovative" features.
    You can change the order with mouse, drag-n-drop (I don't remember in which version it wasn't possible, if any...).
    You can search among your added libraries, there is a search bar (next to A-Z button). And you can even temporarily change the order alphabetically with that A-Z button, as well.
    The downside is that there's no Database tab anymore where you could find the libraries by category.
    And of course you can always create a quickload database with categories that requires a lot of initial work.

Reorder the libraries is not really possible in .plist files, however the order number is actually there, in the user-specific Library/Preferences
    You can see these two lines in each library's .plist:
    <key>UserListIndex</key>
    <integer>*there is a number here*</integer>

But you can't edit the content of a .plist with TextEdit or similar editors.
    If you change the order with mouse, these .plist files will be altered only when you reopen Kontakt.
    However, there is a bug (or intentionally programmed this way), if you delete the .plist file of an added library and open Kontakt 6, it won't recreate this file but the library will be shown on the left panel and will load just fine. Somehow Kontakt 6 doesn't depend on this .plist for creating the order. If you open Kontakt 5.8.1, it will recreate the .plist file.

I didn't understand the question about scrolling speed. You can drag the scroller bar with mouse and scroll as fast as your mouse moves. This was possible already in 5.6.0, so that's not new.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I think he meant the possibility to do a master tab (hierarchical like) when you can put, for instance, all your string libs together.

Not sure 100%

4. belalugosi

belalugosi Producer

For Mac users:

Run Terminal and paste in it the string bellow:

Code:
    grep -i snpid "/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center/"*.xml | awk -F'[<>]' "{ print \$3 }" | sort -n
    and you'll get a sorted list of all registered libs' SNPIDs

NOTE: The above has been posted already in this forum while ago but couldn't find anymore the original topic/author…

5. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

No... I did not mean that at all. I meant the speed for which you grab a library and drag it down toward the bottom takes FOREVER when you have a lot of libraries in the tab/browser. And no, it does not go faster based on mouse speed. I have had EVERY version of Kontakt since Kontakt 2... and I'm running both 5.8.1 on one computer and Kontakt 6 on another...

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. LuckySevens

DELETE

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  7. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Ok, so there are two options for you:
    1. grab the library with the mouse and while holding the mouse left-button and moving the mouse downwards you can still use with your middle finger the scrolling wheel on the mouse which will scroll down the library list with an astonishingly faster speed.
    2. you can manually change the order number of the libraries in the .plist file in users/your-user-name/Library/Preferences
    Code:
        <key>UserListIndex</key>
        <integer>0</integer>

The number zero means the first on the list.
    To modify .plist file you will need a program like TextWrangler
    Be careful, because if you choose a number that is already occupied by another library, one or both of them can disappear from the left-panel list with the marking as "removed" which is coded in the next 2 lines, if removed it changes from zero to 1:

Code:
        <key>UserRemoved</key>
        <integer>1</integer>

So, changing the order in .plist files can be as tiresome as moving with mouse, however if you just exchange the order number of some selected libraries, one with the other, it can be faster. Let's say, you have a library on 4th place and want to exchange it with another on the 88th place.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  8. LuckySevens

I want to make an .nicnt for the Hybrid Two Chaos library but it always fails with the message "Cannot find library"??? That's a weird Kontakt library. I've never seen a file structure like that...

9. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

The healthy way when using .nicnt file is to put the .nki file(s) into an Instruments folder, and also you should put a wallpaper.png in the library's main folder.
    And in the .nicnt file you have to insert the library's name carefully, exactly the same name of the .nicnt file.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

NYCGRIFF
    good you pls do a reshizzle of youre magic tool