how to use SERUM presets ?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by james123, Feb 12, 2017.

1. james123

james123 Newbie

Hello Guys

I am trying to use serum presets but i was not able to use it....i copy my presets in documents/serum presets folder....but when i open serum in my DAW and load preset then nothing happen. when i use default presets which come along with serum its works fine.

I dont understand why this happening..plz some tell me any solution.

Thank You

3. davea

davea Platinum Record

Did you read the manual?
    if not, please do so.

4. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

Sounds like your presets are made with a newer version of Serum and yours is too old. If Serum can access to the files it's not related to the location or something, and from what you are saying it really looks like this. Is Serum keeps loading the init preset when you call some 3rd party preset or is there an error message? If not then you're sure you need to upgrade Serum (and good luck for this, all releases on sister site are gone for some reason)

5. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

Like already said^^
    - check that you have the latest version of Serum. Or at least the one that the library (presets) requires.
    - check the instructions that came with the presets
    Usually:
    - copy your Presets folder to Serum Presets folder (open Serum - Menu - Show Serum presets folder, or find manually)
    - copy Noise folder of your presets to Serum Noises folder (root)
    - copy Wavetables folder of your presets to Serum Tables folder (root)
    - Serum - Menu - rescan

6. segglyuk

segglyuk Kapellmeister

Hi! The Serum is able to memorize the MIDI learn function, or must be reset at preset mined?