How to use RX Connect with Steinberg Cubase No process button to send the audio to RX 4

Discussion in 'Software' started by lyric8, Sep 13, 2014.

1. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

How to use RX Connect with Steinberg Cubase i'm in Mac 10.6.8 vst

My Question Line # 4 ( Once you have made your choice, press the process button to send the audio to RX 4 ) The VST Plugin in my Cubase 5 Dose Not Have a Process Button at the Bottom is this a Bug in the VST does anyone else have this problem ?

The RX Connect plug-in sends a clip, or multiple clips, to the RX 4 standalone application for editing and repair. This gives you access to all of RX 4's modules in one place, and provides the benefits of RX's offline processing and visual interface.

To edit audio from Steinberg Cubase in RX 4:
    #1 In Cubase, select the audio clip for processing.

# 2 Select the iZotope RX 4 Connect Plug-in from the Cubase “Audio-Plug-ins” menu.

# 3 Depending on your requirements please select one of the following choices:
    .Send for reference - meant for analysis only. The clips go to RX 4, but do not come back.
    .Send for repair - the clips are sent to RX 4 and, after they are cleaned up, you can send them back to your DAW.

# 4 Once you have made your choice, press the process button to send the audio to RX 4. The RX 4 application will automatically open and receive the audio from Cubase.

You can now carry out any repair, restoration or cleaning using the full selection of RX 4 modules.
    Once you are happy with the edits you can simply press the “send back” button at the top of the open window to send the audio back to Cubase.
    Once complete RX 4 will show a window asking to re-open the RX 4 Connect Plug-in.
    Back in Cubase, select the iZotope RX 4 Connect Plug-in from the “Audio-Plug-ins” menu.
    Press the process button to commit the changes to the original audio file.

3. drakem20

drakem20 Member

At the moment it only works as an offline process.(you have to process the clip)

And make sure the option "extend processing" is off.

4. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Thanks for the reply but I'm still trying to figure out why there is no send and process button on the bottom of the plugin there is no way to send the information to RX 4

5. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister

I believe the "Monitor" fonction is only for Pro Tools..........since PT's doesn't allow other programs running at the same time, or it will crash!

6. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister

@lyric8
    In Cubase, when you insert the Plug on an "Audio" track....a menu pops up where you can choose "Reference" or "Repair!"

7. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

Yes there is only a reference in a repair button but when I push repair it doesn't open up RX 4automatically

8. drakem20

drakem20 Member

As I said it is meant for offline processing.

Go Audio ==> Process Plugin==>> Connect
    Press preview. It captures the clip. Use RX, send back and press Process so it can render the file.
    It doesn't work as an Insert.
    If you don't know about Offline Processing check the manual.

9. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

i see now that sucks thanks for the info

10. drakem20

drakem20 Member

actually, its gods send. the turn around between RX and Nuendo is great :)