How to use Mono plugin as Stereo?

Discussion in 'Software' started by AB69, Nov 29, 2014.

1. AB69

AB69 Newbie

Got a few plugins and it says it is a mono plugin. I would like it for it to be in stereo. Is there any way to change this in Logic Pro X? Thanks.

3. happyforever_1995

happyforever_1995 Newbie

i don't know what this Sound mono or Stereo
    But, i know sound Wet or Dry
    You need add Effect Delay... Reverb to L/R Headphone or Speaker.
    Or use Vst Plugins Stereo Enchancer, Or Vst Plugins Boots Stereo
    Good Luck :lmao:

4. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

you have stereo which is 2 x mono (left mono and right mono), so stereo track divide in to 2 separate mono tracks and then pan them, one to far left and one to far right, then add effect both on left mono and right mono (if you want them to sound stereo again).

5. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ AB69,

An option could be to use 2 instances of a specific 'Mono' Plugin on 2 different Tracks (Channels), then to use the 'Pan' (Panoramic) of each of these 2 Tracks (Channels) to balance/blend the whole the way you need or like...

Another option could be to use 'Pseudo-Stereo' Plugins especially create for that purpose.

As an example :

[​IMG]
    'PSP Pseudo Stereo' by 'PSPaudioware'

Description : PSP PseudoStereo plug-in enables the conversion of the mono signal into a stereo one. Due to processor operation the mono signal gains features resembling a record performed by the use of a pair of microphones. This appliance proves particularly valuable when mixing MIDI material, when for instance percussion tracks need some depth and natural spatial effect. This plug-in enables the user to create the impression of "vigorous drums" based on mono samples. It can also be used for the purpose of re-mastering mono tracks.
    Applications : pseudo-stereo encoding while recording, mixing and re-mastering mono tracks.

There's lot more of Plugins that act similarly *yes* Simply launch a search with 'Google' for something like : 'Pseudo-Stereo' Plugins, or similar...

The following Article can also really be of great interest for you :

'Stereo Image Trickery With PC Plug-ins' (SOS Magazine)

6. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Studio is on point with this one, the best way is to use two instances and just "blend" the tracks to your liking but I have to ask...why would you want to use a mono plug as stereo to begin with. I assume that there is a "Stereo" plugin that does the same as your mono one does.

7. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Being a Logic X user would likely make AB69 either a Mac or Hac user Mykal.

I hope that answers your question Bro. :rofl:

8. deftmonk

deftmonk Newbie

ya you'd pretty much have to do it in this way: reroute the audio to two tracks and one is panned hard left one hard right throw the plug in on them both (I assume ur original sound has somethings in the stereo field that you would like to preserve. But as someone above me said... or just change ur plug in. There is very little I can think of in my VST list that literally do something that nothing else does or does just as good as that vst... and 100% for sure there is no Mono plug in that does something that can't be replicated with something else.

9. audioplg

audioplg Ultrasonic

if you really need to use a mono plugin and there is no stereo version
    then try Blue Cat's PatchWork to host 2 and do the panning for the left and right channles

10. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

S T O P !!!

All you need to do is click on the little circle left next to the Input and it turns your channel into stereo… even with an mono source on it.And then you can use stereo plugins