How to use Kontakt Libraries (.nkc , .nkr, .nki .nicht)?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by jimmyjohn, Mar 20, 2021.

1. jimmyjohn

jimmyjohn Member

Hi All

I'm a complete newbie with Kontakt and I'm trying to figure out how to work it properly. I have 2 versions of Kontakt installed: 5.6.6 and 6.4.0...

Most libraries have a .nicht extension and usually I add them first in v5.6.6 and they show up in 6.4.0...

However, some Kontakt libraries, I think the older ones... they don't have the .nicht file... some have .nkc and .nkr... when I try add them no libraries are found... My hunch has been the way to use these libraries is to open them in v6.4.0, open the file tab and essentially just browse the instrument files??

I'm not sure if I should be rooting around in the instruments folders or if I should be opening one of the higher level files that offers an interface? Between .nki, .nkr .nkc etc. I'm confused as hell right now! :woot: If anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful!

3. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

4. Talula

Talula Rock Star

there are two libraries format for kontakt:

first - open library format for kontakt full, don't requires activation with native access and cannot working with kontakt player (only 15 minutes as demo). comes without nicnt and cannot be added to libraries list tab.

second - kp format for kontakt player, requires activation with native access and working with kontakt player (user paying only for library, not for kontakt) and with kontakt full. comes with nicnt and can be added to libraries list tab.