How to use Kontakt 5.0.3 and 5.3.0 simultaneously

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by drdark2, Jan 27, 2014.

1. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

I have copied the Kontakt 5.0.3 exe and dll files alongside my 5.3.0 installation and renamed them as suggested, but now Cubase and Studio one only accept 5.0.3 plugs and the 5.3 ones are not listed. Studio one reported "failed to load". What do I do? The exe versions are working properly...

3. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

remove both and try one by one

or use the Kontakt 5 16out.dll for your 5.3.0

4. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Exactly as Intro said, step by step,
    start with K5.3.0, rename the dll, such as "Kontakt 530.dll", move it to VSTPlugins, let the DAW recognize it and then in the DAW rename it to for example "Kontakt 5.3.0". After that, move K5.0.3's dll (Kontakt 5.dll) into VSTPlugins, rename in DAW as necessary. Now both should be visible. :thumbsup:

5. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

I am trying and I don't understand what one by one means. I did the following: deleted blacklist file, removed 5.3 folder (I made two separate folders for the two versions of Kontakt, for they have three files each) ran cubase and of course Kontakt 5.0.3 (that is what i I have named it) was showing and working. Then I added Kontakt 5.3.0 (named that way) and got the same result. What am I doing wrong? Is it a registry issue?
    Also the 8out and 16uot versions are not showing at all; I don't know what to rename them...

6. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

since you know 5.03 work then remove from your VSTPlugins folder and put 5.3.0 there only

If 5.3.0.dll does not work grab another kontakt 5.dll from the offline folder

7. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

Both of them work individually; 5.3 is the installation, 5.0.3 is from the offline folder. But when both are in the vst plugins folder only 5.0.3 is recognized.

8. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Okay try this But 5.3.0 in your VSTPlugins 64 bit and leave 5.0.3 where it is and see if that works remember Kontakt 5 32bit size is 33mb..Kontakt 5 64bit is 40mb dont get them mixed up!!!!!

9. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

I'm using Cubase 5.1 32 bit and also presonus studio one 32 bit (only 4 gigs of ram). There are kontakt 64 bit plugins, but there is no daw in my system to scan them.

10. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

something is not making sense...give me a minute while i brainstorm

11. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

I appreciate you're trying to help. Ask me anything that might help. I would like to have this extra option due to having a slow computer.

12. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

i tested all my methods and they all work i don't have cubase to test but in my in FL & protrolls(protools) it works just fine and i name my kontakt some funky name Kontakt 59687.dll ands it still works something just isn't adding up with you?????/

13. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

Just because it works for you doesn't mean it should work for me. There are weird things that can happen with software. For example, r2r latest amplitube is virtually disabled by the installation of Cubase 7 trial. It simply crashes all daws while Cubase 7 trial is in your system. r2r does not test their releases like team air used to, therefore you cannot expect them to always work. Thank you for your time, Kontakt Guru. I hope this doesn't mean your name is unjustified...

14. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Definitely when i help someone if it works for me it's gonna work for you because it's the only way i help.. I'm here to it's fixed, unjustified is not in my vocabulary!!!
    Now back on topic.... we have establish that they both work individually, have you try to put one in a folder inside your vst folder and see if that would work

This is what i wrote in the windows help thread
    To use a legit kontakt and a cracked kontakt you have to install the legit kontakt first, then don't install the second cracked kontakt just open the data folder ,open the other data folder, then open the offline folder open each number folder now look for two things:

1.Find all the kontakt 5.exe and choose the one with the bigger size(if you want to use the 64bit version) and Name it Kontakt 5C.exe now move it to your desktop(use this to add cracked libraries)

2.find the Kontakt 5.dll also the one with the bigger size(if there's anymore) and name it Kontakt 5C.dll and move to your VSTPlugins folder and add it in your DAW(use the smaller one if you have a 32-bit DAW or use the 64bit version with a bridge)

Now make sure whenever using cracked libraries to use to use Kontakt5C for both VST & Standalone and paid libraries with the legit kontakt (but we know that's common sense RIGHT!!)