How to use cracked Melodyne Studio on a computer with licensed Melodyne Essentials?

Discussion in 'Software' started by knownish, Sep 24, 2024 at 4:47 AM.

1. knownish

knownish Newbie

I have a MacBook with legit Pro Tools (current version), which includes Melodyne Essentials. This is useful for editing clips on the fly, since it's integrated in PT; though sometimes I need the advanced functions of Melodyne Studio that aren't available in Essentials.
    In this case, I'd normally use a cracked VST of the software using BlueCat's Patchwork for any other plugin. However, even after deleting the official VST3 and installing the cracked one, the VST version still only loads as the essential edition.

Is there a way to have Melodyne Essential integration in Pro Tools and a Melodyne Studio VST at the same time on MacOS?
    Thanks!

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I would install Melodyne standalone and use that outside of Protools, like any normal application. I would use the full standalone version like an external Wave Editor application instead of a plugin.

You do not mention what Protools version, but chances are good you aren't going to be able to load a cracked copy "integrated" no matter what. So I would leave the one in Protools alone and use it for minor stuff in my PT sessions. If you already have an Essentials .app in your /Applications folder, I would rename it like melodyneBAK so you can see what you are doing during installation better. Juggling each version until you get it how you want or confirm it's not going to happen, via experimenting.

Unless you can find someone doing this in PT, you are stuck doing it trial and error. If that is a concern, make a time capsule backup first.