How to use cracked Kontakt libraries with a licensed Kontakt

Discussion in 'Software' started by torontoleech, Dec 17, 2014.

1. torontoleech

torontoleech Noisemaker

I have a licensed version of Kontakt, as i recently purchased Komplete 10.
    But i was wondering how i can use a library that i havent registed....
    Galaxy Vintage D for example.... even when i put a .nicnt file in the libraries folder it still asks me to activate the product in the native instruments service center....
    is there any way around this ?

would really appreciate any input or advice!!

3. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Unless u run & side by side setup the simple answer *no* For encrypted libraries u will require a serial number to run it in in legit kontakt.

That is unless u can extract the data from the NCS/NKX which I have heard can be done.

The whole point of 'cracked' kontakt is that it bypasses the Service centre amongst other things & therefore no need for registration. So the bad news is unless u got the serial it ain't worth the effort.

However to every bad side there a good side & that is the vast majority of libraries are not encrypted due to the fees NI charge to encrypt them. Therefore probably about 9/10 libraries will run fine in Legit kontakt also.

Just run them thru quickload & forget all about nicnt files as they cause trouble if u run both. Another simple solution for your situation is to download the latest cracked update for kontakt, extract the .dll & .exe file, rename them & run them side by side i.e u run all your encrypted libraries through the cracked version & everything else thru the legit version.

However be aware that if you add an encrytpted library to the database thru cracked kontakt then that to will also be picked up by the legit installation. So if u open the legit version once again it will ask you to activate it. It can also cause registry problems.

So all in all my best advice would be forget about running Vintage D & go for something else that not encrypted such as Imperfect Samples, Piano in Blue & many, many others that will work fine in legit Kontakt also.

Also how many piano's do u need lol. If u have Komplete 10 you prob got around 7 piano's there so stick with what u have & use other better quality ones that are not encrypted

Also I should add that the new pianos in Komplete 10 were scripted by the very same guy who scripted Vintage D so really unless u love that piano the newer ones essentially will have a more up to date script & probably just as good really. That is unless he got given shite samples to work with :wink:

4. torontoleech

torontoleech Noisemaker

So all in all my best advice would be forget about running Vintage D & go for something else that not encrypted such as Imperfect Samples, Piano in Blue & many, many others that will work fine in legit Kontakt also.

Also how many piano's do u need lol. If u have Komplete 10 you prob got around 7 piano's there so stick with what u have & use other better quality ones that are not encrypted :wink:
    [/quote]

Thanks for the in depth advice buddy, this is exactly what i needed to be explained.
    I went through all 4 pianos that komplete 10 came with and only ONE of them (The Giant) has the ability to control decay/release time. The Giant also sounds like crap to me. lol the 3 other pianos (The Maverick, The Gentleman, and The Grandeur) dont have ability to adjust the release time and its relatively abrupt when the key stops which i really find distasteful.

thanks again for the explanation. will check out those libraries :mates:

5. Clandestine

Deffo try imperfect samples they work fine & are pretty damn good even though quite old :wink:

6. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

try loading the library into the "kontakt Library Folder" some will work in their without registering but not all...

7. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

Just use Kontakt cracked and the rest legit.

8. Clandestine

yes but then every time he runs the service centre for an update or uses legit kontakt he will be asked to register it. It also can mess up your registry so I would question whether it worth the risk of that & other things when there are possibly 'better' libraries he can run thru legit with no problems at all.

Personal choice though I guess :dunno:

9. happyforever_1995

happyforever_1995 Newbie

You need Use Kontakt Library Manager 3.0 (KLM V3.0 By DoubleY)
    Only working on Windows XP,7,8
    ---- add any Library for Kontakt ----

This is Link KLM 3.0 by DoubleY: Click Here
    You need youtube Video Tutorial use KLM 3.0? This is Link Tutorial: Click Here

Good Luck, Friend :wink:

10. Clandestine

No it doesn't *no*

All the library manager does is create a reg entry so u can add it to the libraries tab using unlocked kontakt.

It's not going to create a serial that he use to register an encrypted library in legit kontakt.

Anyway he doesn't need to use the library manager if he using unlocked as he can just simply add it thru the libraries tab as I think that one comes with data to add or simply use quickload.

However he never going to be able to fully activate an encrypted library on legit kontakt without a serial number & every time he opens legit kontakt it will still say activate in the corner & will possibly not load at all.

It will also ask him to activate it every time he runs the service centre also as even tho the reg entry there no serial registered with NI.

11. luizcifer

luizcifer Ultrasonic

its all here :wink:

http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/9652-kontakt-cracked-vs-legitmate-explanation/