How to Use Bitcoin

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Bassmonsta, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

Hi Guys,So I'm having trouble renewing my uploaded account via my credit card. So I'm going to try and use Bitcoin instead as the nice people at uploaded can not help me to find a method to pay with my (US) debit card.

I'm completly new to Bitcoin and how it works, so if any of you guys could help me get started with the process that would be greatly appreciated.

I know AudioZ uses bit coin for donations hence the reason I ask.

Many thanks for any replys

3. e-mu1970

e-mu1970 Member

I was also looking into how the process works (for other reasons) but would also like some more info from our superstar members here on A|S :mates:

4. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

Come on guys some one must know how to set up and start using bit coin?

5. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Kapellmeister

use paysafe https://www.paysafecard.com/en-us/?gclid=CJvmyIH0isUCFRSIfgodbwQA-A just find a store that sell paysafe cards.

6. Ahachez1

Ahachez1 Newbie

I was unable to find paysafe here in my city so I tried rapidgator and It worked...BUT it didnt for a month or so and maybe it had to do with clearing browsing and cookies but not sure.. and so does payza for geupload..also for bitcoin you must register what is called a bitcoin wallet then register with another to actually purchase bitcoin I took a bit researching as well when uploaded failed me also. It seemed soooo complicated so I went back to square one with the other services.. This was with a US debit card goodluck

7. trenton

trenton Kapellmeister

I'm going to give a completely different suggestion which might work out better for you. Instead of trying to figure out bitcoin and hoping it works (I personally have no understanding of this myself) why not try a debrid instead. I personally use Alldebrid & Real-Debrid. If you don't know, these are services which basically equal buying many different premium accounts (uploaded, rapidgator, oboom, mega etc) but for a lower cost than one individual premium. The monthly cost of each is 4 euro for a month so if you go with both, it's 8 euro which is still less than an uploaded account. The reason I use both is sometimes uploaded is down for one or the other....so I'm pretty well covered. This is how I do it and just a suggestion.

In addition, since some might comment on this, downloads using a debrid DO count as downloads to the uploader. So the kind folk who upload to uploaded, rapidgator etc do get credit for the downloaders. I have tested this on my own uploads.

8. pimpdrop

pimpdrop Ultrasonic

Here's what I do

1. Buy bitcoins on coinbase.com. Requires you link a bank account. Processing time for bitcoin purchases are between 2-4 days. if you add your credit card to your account as a backup fund source, purchases are instant (recommended since bitcoin price changes by the second)
    2. Once they add the bitcoins to your account/wallet, just click transfer and enter in the bitcoin address for the service you are paying for.

I buy bitcoins every year to pay for VPN service from Private Internet Access. (actually just renewed my vpn 4 days ago). Sweet and simple. :wink:

9. suefreeman

suefreeman Producer

"Data Miner Inside"
    Read this (from wikipedia)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

10. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

there's a link on AudioZ to this page what explains everything:
    http://howtobuybitcoins.info/
    :wink:

11. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Why bitcoins can´t follow the traditional method of converting effort-skill-time to currency?
    How comes that bitcoin takes currency and converts it to internet´s market value?

12. Crater

Crater Ultrasonic

Dude, alot of ppl is havin problems renewing uploaded account via credit card lately...
    I'm not sure if ur using ur credit card directly or not.... but if u don't, and ur using a 3th party service, then try to raise the amount of money avaiable (like 1€ or $ or whtver)...
    All of that because of the new EU VAT rules i suppose...