How to use 1-drop track in live sets?

Discussion in 'DJ' started by Highdom, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

Hi boys, I usually perform my sets with lots of 1 break and 1 drop track. I could make an example: songs like "Hardwell - Spaceman" have 2 break and two drops. I'd like to find a way to play it in live sets playing only
    intro extension - break 1 - drop 2 - final extension, cutting drop 1 and break 2...how?
    I can't use CUE on my cdj 850s, I'd like to find an automatic way to do this!

Thanks!

3. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Edit the track and play the edit.

4. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

yeah i totally agree with jay. get any old simple audio editor on you pc/mac and just chop the tracks up a bit to your liking.
    also the crowd will love it as it will be the familiar dance floor hit they are used to, but not in precisely same arrangement they have heard 100 times before

5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Plus he can get creative and put acapellas over the breakdowns. i had an old dee-lite vinyl with acapellas on the b side that was perfect for this. I used to drop the first verse from Groove is in the Heart during the breakdown of the song I was mixing = instant Dance Floor filler. That was way back when I used to DJ though. if I was doing it now it would probably be a drake/future/chainsmokers acapella or something along those lines. the stuff that all the kids know now

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016