How to update from 12.20 vr to 12.30 vr without losing the licenses of instruments.

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by 990, Jun 12, 2022.

1. 990

990 Ultrasonic

Hi, I am trying to install the new update but in this release there isnt a program that installs all the steinberg licenses into the e-licenser. So I cannot use halion sonic and the other instruments.

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

https://audiosex.pro/threads/cubase-nuendo-12-pro-r2r-vr-win-mac-workarounds-discussion-etc.64421/

@twoheart says:

Practically it works as well :)
    After you installed R2Rs root certificate and the latest R2R silk emulator (v 1.1.0), you only need to copy one file:

license-engine-access.dll
    to: c:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Activation Manager\

If you own Steinberg products it's a goo idea to change the original filename so that it is not overwritten e.g. to license-engine-access.dll.ORIG

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. 990

990 Ultrasonic

Thank you I will try this.

5. notrace

notrace Producer

990: Note, you'll have to create the folder Activation Manager in the c:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\ directory.

6. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I found it easier to copy the corresponding files to each their own subdirectory like "r2r" an "orig" an copying the file I need to the c:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Activation Manager\ directory. This can be easyly done with a batch (as admin).

7. 990

990 Ultrasonic

I cant find a way to do it. I have the vr version not the r2r. Can someone please give some guidance?

8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

User RDV say:
    Copy ( license.engine.access.dll) from the team r2r folder inside the activation manager folder.

What is the path for the activation manager folder?
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Activation Manager

If that doesn't work, uninstall the V.R version and install the R2R version again.
    And then wait for an R2R release. V.R very often has poor installation instructions.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Please always stay with one team. I recommend Team R2R. Uninstall the V.R Version and install his one:
    Today this versions was released: Steinberg Cubase Pro 12 v12.0.30-R2R - Team R2R | 2022.06.13 | 521.61 MB

10. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

In this case - Steinberg Software - R2R has by far the best solution for a crack. Instead of having to crack each individual program, the central role of the auth system is attacked and taken over.

As a result, even the original programs will run if you replace just one .DLL in the system. Basically it is not even necessary to download the programs cracked by R2R, just replace the DLL with the R2R version. THIS is ingenious.
    (The cracked versions differ from the originals only in that they use the R2R directory for the .DLL instead of the original directory).