How to update cracked Kontakt

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Big Geordie Al, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Big Geordie Al

Big Geordie Al Noisemaker

Hi.
    I am currently using cracked version 6.6.0 and need to update in order to use newer cracked libs.
    I am running Mojave and was hoping someone could confirm if I just download and install 6.7 from the sister site?
    Is it as easy as that or are there more steps involved?

3. susflip

susflip Newbie

Hey what’s up it’s funny that you posted this when I was doing the same thing. I use windows but I think the process is similar. Uninstall the previous Kontakt through the installer if you can. If you can’t do that on Mac then just drag into the trash bin. Then right-click finder and click “Find…” and then in the search bar search “Kontakt”. Delete anything that comes up excluding your libraries, and then install the new one. Hopefully that should do it for you, good luck.

4. Big Geordie Al

Big Geordie Al Noisemaker

Thanks but I am a bit nervous that I will lose my library.
    I did just bite my lip and try but got this message.....

Installation folder not found! Please install from the original installation medium first. If the product is already installed on your computer, please start the latest version of Service Center, go to the "Overview" tab, click "Show Details" for the application you want to update, and browse to the current installation folder by pressing the "Locate" button. Then run the update installer again.

Any suggestions?

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

This is any install, not just Kontakt: Codesign the application. You may even need to use BatChmod or Permissions Reset 2 on the installer you are trying to use.

When you get a really silly looking error message on MacOS installing these things; they are BS and you will chase your tail if you actually pay them any real attention. Codesign everything and voila. Once you are sure they are signed correctly, then any errors are real. check your pm in a minute.

6. baxtermoffitt

baxtermoffitt Newbie

I codesigned the .dmg and used BatChmod as well, I'm still getting the "no installation folder found" issue. Any ideas?