How to update and and add expansions in Berlin woodwinds?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Jan Foyer, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Well in that case we can no longer do business [​IMG]

unless you can manage 3-month uploaded coupons every 3months for a year lol :rofl:
    I drive a hard bargain!!!

2. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

:rofl:

But think about the children...

[​IMG]

3. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

These Kids Forget about it LMAFO

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

5. Michio77

Michio77 Newbie

Hi! Im having some trouble updating even though these instructions seems to work for everybody else. I kinda feel like a moron for not getting this right. After update my articulation performer is missing it's background image.

1.Overwrite the old articulation_performer folder with the new one (it's the same files)
    - Throw the old one in the thrash and paste new one in the library folder? I've read somewhere that this folder is supposed to be at documents/nativeinstruments/kontakt5/pictures.

2.Merge & Overwrite the old Documentation with the new one
    -No probs

3.Back up the old 1.1 instrument & Multi folders in a rar (just in case)then delete the folders
    -No probs

4.Add the 1.6 instrument & Multi folders to the main library folder (like always)
    Just the 1.6 folders or the folders containing all 1.1, 1.5 and 1.6 Instrument folders?

5.install the MAC or Win Installers if you didn't do so before, then move them to the Documentation folder
    -This MAC Installer does nothing. Do I just put it in the Documentation folder?

6.Move the new samples to the old sample folder (overwrite the bww_container.nkc & bww_container.nkr files)
    -No probs
    7.Delete the old .nicnt and move the new one there (when you start kontakt the database window will pop-up, then click yes, you don't have to re add the library in Kontakt)
    -No probs

Sorry for being stupid but I really need help with this. Thanx!

6. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

1.Overwrite the old articulation_performer folder with the new one (it's the same files)
    - Throw the old one in the thrash and paste new one in the library folder? I've read somewhere that this folder is supposed to be at documents/nativeinstruments/kontakt5/pictures.

For Pc, this is the correct location:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\pictures

On MAC
    /Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kontakt 5/pictures

move the contents of the articulation_performer folder to this folder(it won't work if you just add the folder)

4.Add the 1.6 instrument & Multi folders to the main library folder (like always)
    Just the 1.6 folders or the folders containing all 1.1, 1.5 and 1.6 Instrument folders?

It depends it you used 1.1 on prior projects or just like the old tweaks

5.install the MAC or Win Installers if you didn't do so before, then move them to the Documentation folder
    -This MAC Installer does nothing. Do I just put it in the Documentation folder?

articulation_performer folder is inside and i don't think it's an installer cant you just open the mac installer folder, click the mac_source folder and the files are there

7. AKMusic

AKMusic Kapellmeister

That defeats the purpose of seeking immediate help, Catalyst. Which in turn also defeats the purpose of the forum. Not to mention we have no idea how long "soon" is...

If you're over-worked and under-paid Catalyst, either get comfortable with delegation or relinquish said duties...

Just saying' (God I hate that annoying expression and noun-ification of a VERB!!!) :rofl:

8. Rod123

Rod123 Newbie

Hi, folks! I'm new here! Hope I may help you when you need!

I'm trying to update and add the expansions of my Berlin Woodwinds. I could update it, but the Multis have no graphic. My Berlin Woodwinds 1.0 graphic is correct! Are you facing this problem too? Any guess how to solve it? Regardins the expansion, I'm not able to open the Intruments. Let me show you a screenshot! /Users/apple/Desktop/Screen Shot 2015-02-24 at 2.03.35 PM.png Maybe it's because I don't have the "Expansions A & B .nicnt". Could you please, help me solving these problems.

ps: the graphic is more important, because I don't really need the expansions! :)

Thank you so much!

9. victorulez

victorulez Newbie

hi, i've moved the library in an external hdd to work away from my home studio. i've loaded the multis with the articulation performer but kontakt doesn't load the GUI. Graphic issues apart, everything works correctly. do i have to run the installer again? i'm on mac and unfortunately i' don't have the installer file with me. Anybody out there could send it to me? many thanks

10. Mladbambuk

Mladbambuk Noisemaker

Will the 1.6 update work with Kontakt 5.3.1 (the last version that can be installed on XP)?

11. victorulez

victorulez Newbie

bump up!

12. Akinson

Akinson Newbie

"Can Expansions be integrated with their Main Collection?
    All Orchestral Tools collections are completely separate and may use different, incompatible Capsule versions. Therefore it is not possible to integrate Expansion Collections into their respective Main Collection. Do not attempt to copy an expansion into its Main Collection's folder structure. This can result in severe issues and, especially on macOS, can make your installation unusable. All patches from Expansion Collections need to be loaded via Kontakt's Files tab or through the operating system's file manager."

Good day, thank you so much for this, it helped me arrange my library.
    but I just went to the OT site and saw a faq that said the expansions are different from the main library and its not advisable to join together.. how would you suggest I proceed