How to transpose the MIDI pitch at the MIDI input???

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by wayne3, May 28, 2015.

1. wayne3

wayne3 Member

Is there any way to transpose the MIDI pitch at the MIDI input? Comparable to Cubase 5 (-> Quick Controls), see pic. So far I could not find a way ...
    (I am a newbie with Studio One. :wow: )

Attached Files:

3. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Sorry I have no solution for you, this seems to be another basic feature missing in S1 Pro.
    Check the great Piz MIDI plugins, maybe midiForceToKey does what you want.

If not, then doesn't S1 Pro support some kind of (maybe undocumented?) custom scripting like in Logic or Live?
    I remember I've once seen some XML files for hardware controllers mapping when I checked out S1 Pro a while ago.
    If these support simple arithmetics, you can transpose by writing a small script adding or subtracting note values from incoming Note-On and Note-Off messages, e.g. depending on the CC value of a knob or fader on your MIDI keyboard.
    In other words, you'd have a transpose knob for input notes that you could adjust on-the-fly, without even touching the mouse.
    I've done that in Logic X recently, for a MIDI keyboard that didn't have a transpose function.
    OK, I tend to prefer the DAW built-ins instead of using a collection of unhandy external tools *yes*

4. wayne3

wayne3 Member

many thanks for your response.

after I saw in a video for version 2 that the function exists, I saw again in more detail.

(the programmer probably sometimes live in a different world. the graphical implementation is not the best ...)

here's the solution, maybe it will help others:

Attached Files:

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      62 KB
      Views:
  5. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

You're welcome!

Oh yes :rofl:

6. mica

mica Newbie

Since this is one of the top google results for "transpose midi studio one", and since that pic requires having an account to view (I had to make one just to see it), here's another pic of the setting in question:
    [​IMG]