How to transpose scale in piano roll : C major to C minor (Eb) ?

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by massichat, Nov 15, 2018.

1. massichat

massichat Kapellmeister

This "Logical Editor" from Cubase is a jewel, with each problem complicated, change the feel of a drum, intelligently change a midi, it is proposed to do with "Logical Editor".
    it would be great if Steinberg released it in VST version

2. massichat

massichat Kapellmeister

Yes! that's exactly what I'm looking for, I should nowroot all the instruments but it does not matter, it's always better than exporting, transposing and re-importing, thank you, problème solved
    Waiting now for a native & live implementation as with the arpeg/chords [​IMG]

It is feasible I find and very useful if we already have a tone of midi data to transpose !
    Lol, Baxter wanted to play the teacher, but with false information, he reminds me of my music teacher hahaha

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Ah! Transposition. That's what I meant to say. English isn't my native tongue.
    At least we are talking about the same thing, which is partial transposition in order to modulate modal scale into a new key. ;)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  4. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Changing the whole song from Cmaj to Cmin would mix up the relationships between notes and is neither called transposition, nor modulation.
    :guru:

If you want to change only specific notes, feel free to do it and keep em if the results are pleasing. Go with the old: If it sounds good, who cares about rules. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Aha, and how do you call it?

6. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Changing the key for the better. :dunno:
    There is no musical term for this because it does'nt conform to "the rules".

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Warped Effect

Warped Effect Ultrasonic

@massichat That sounds like something zplane reTune could do easily and in Real-Time if necessary, plus it works on polyphonic material too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. No, not a Control/D selection, just the row or rows that you choose...such as all C4 notes to Cb4.

9. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Yeah, it would! Most (all?) DAWs have something like this, just find the equivalent in whichever DAW you use? There's other softs that do similar things (mentioned) as well as Bome's MIDI translator which is a bit complicated, but the free version does individual note transpositions. I think?

10. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Actually this should be possible with the help of loopbe in combination with some instances of AutoTonic.
    :drummer:
    Don't know how many AutoTonics are possible.. loopbe has 30 ports and you'd need one in/out each, so you could transpose up to 15 tracks live with this method. Create 15 MIDI Tracks where you put your original MIDI regions -> route those each through a virtual loopbe output into an AutoTonic where you trans.., mod.., "change" them and reroute them back to your instruments. Haven't tried this yet...Was just thinking out loud.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  11. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

^^ good one..;D must write it down somewhere..;))
    That is what a guy I know (btw teaches harmony etc at the academy) always says.. In fact his words - You should start analyzing things when they sound bad and use theory only to find out why..;)

I'd like to see putting such a vst (which I don't understand, what exactly it should do..) on a piece where the composer already used modulation.. :wow: (just exposing my ignorance, srry..)

12. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Well massichat, hope we all could hear your song when finished. Best luck.

13. eureka_05

eureka_05 Newbie

Hi guys, why don't you use the ableton's midi effect scale ?

14. Riot7

Riot7 Platinum Record

Maybe because this is a FL Studio subforum.

15. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

Would reharmonization help? I recall that that means changing a piece of music to something in E.g. another scale but with the ‘sound signature’ preserved? If I recall correct, right?

Is there no software to put in all midi files/data and then choose to whatever scale you would like it to be ‘corrected. Then the program checks all possibilities for a note to land on if ‘changed’ to this other scale and you can choose which possibility sounds best. Like synfire pro does... but just an alternative, cause that’s not cracked and it’s around $1000 I believe.

16. tooloud

tooloud Guest

A song written in a major key should not be changed at the whim of any singer. Tell him or her "sing the damn song as it is" or stop wasting my time.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

What app is this? Is does changing from minor to major etc?

18. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

AutoTonic only processes white keys, the black ones trigger other things, so not sure this will work

19. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

You could be right, but doesn't AT process MIDI files as well? ..have not looked into it enough to be sure as well. But funnily, in this very case it would still work, because @massichat only used white keys (Cmaj). :blues:

The more easy-to-route and unlimited alternative would be Scaler in scale-lock-mode btw. :invision:

• List
  20. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

could you elaborate on that scaler route for scale transposing midi files. I am very interested pls :)