how to stop render sound errors help plz

Discussion in 'Software' started by ca5plays, Jul 2, 2016.

1. ca5plays

ca5plays Member

does anyone know how to stop kotakt or other vsts , from not rendering the sounds properly , what i mean is i save a project , render it , the vsts or drawing too much ram , my laptop is not super powerful so it skips and chops , its always done this from fl 3 to today , its a simple computer science you know??? but usually i can render my beats even if i cant listen to them clear , the beats still saves and the soun plays fine , vsts like nexus seem to not have this issue ever , but kontakt , sometime the sound just wont render , i hope im not too confusing im my explanation , does anyone know a new solution to the old problem , that isn't buying more ram , i know i should NOT right now

3. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

I'm not familiar with FL, but try disabling all other Kontakt instances (and VSTi s), then on the active Kontakt purge all samples... you will see Kontakt Memory Server showing 0 Megabytes instead of 95.6 (my example). Then press reload all samples to load only the samples for your open session. If that is not working, I have no other ideas.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2016
  4. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

As @jayxflash I'm not familiar with Fl, but this could be an option; bounce all vst-heavy tracks one by one and move them to audio tracks.
    In logic this can be done by 'freezing' the track and in doing so freeing up resources. In Kontakt do a purge and then update sample pool, let the song play one time with only Kontakt unmuted so all the samples load correctly. (mute everything but kontakt) Then bounce the individual kontakt stems, move them to audio tracks and 'deactivate' kontakt. Now you should, in theory, have some resource headspace again. Other tweaks; disble all networking, antivirus and whatever you have running in the background.

5. bigFlow

bigFlow Ultrasonic

Kontakt and FL sometimes don't get along too well. In Kontakt's settings (small gear top left of the plugin window) try disabling/enabling the different "fixed size buffers" options in the "processing" tab.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List