how to sell my soul for fame in the music biz?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Music Industry-er, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

Exactly! And if you can get one track to 100k streams, you're already doing better than 90% of aspiring artists currently working today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

:rofl::rofl::rofl: amazing mwahaha

3. Music Industry-er

Music Industry-er Member

i agree that a good song is a good song. this example just proved that with better resources they could produce a significantly better song. some people couldnt make good music even with the best resources on earth.

i know who to pay to acquire a ghost writer and even spotify streams. like i said earlier. you dont need anything close to $1 million believe me. theres people who are great musicians but they dont want to enter the industry because of the exortion and politics. so they just make their music as ghosts and say fuck the fame. someone else profits and takes all credit. nda is signed.

4. luminosity

luminosity Ultrasonic

Anything? So why dont you just start work really hard > making really good music <

5. Music Industry-er

Music Industry-er Member

i can get 250k streams for a price you wouldn't believe. numbers dont mean shit if someone like me and even you can easily pay for them. the shocker is how inexpensive it is.

6. Music Industry-er

Music Industry-er Member

how do i follow the agendas? i am willing.

7. droplet

droplet Rock Star

do it up big like the real bigs do.
    buy some kidnaped kid and give it to Spielberg.

8. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

No
    No
    No
    No
    No
    Yes

9. joem

joem Producer

Onlyfans?

10. Music Industry-er

Music Industry-er Member

:rofl:gave me genuine laugher. what is the mindset i should have then? should i convince myself that the fame and money is worth the sodomy?

11. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

Actually they spent 10 years getting turned down by literally every record company in the world.

They eventually formed their own label with their manager, (it's called Dirty Hit) and made it happen for themselves.

12. Music Industry-er

Music Industry-er Member

why does the music biz force you to grind hard or do backroom deals with a gatekeeper or sometimes even both?

13. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

Because it's like literally any other business - you get out of it what you put in.

You want to reach the top of your field (any field)? Work your damn ass off.

Don't wanna do that? Then stop complaining.

You seem to have totally missed the point of the example I gave - when they didn't get the opportunity they envisioned, they didn't get all pissy and whine about it - they altered the plan and made their own opportunities.

No one owes you a living, stop being so entitled.

Also - any response this? You may have missed it cause you were complaining so hard:

Demo a track in it's most basic form and either post it here or PM it to me. I have already mentioned, and I'll repeat it here - if you actually do come up with the goods, I am more than happy to publicly acknowledge that, and if I can help you, I will.

So - want to continue arguing, or do you want to take me up on my offer?

14. droplet

droplet Rock Star

sodomy? it's not enough.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  15. Music Industry-er

Music Industry-er Member

i replied saying i want to send something worth sending. i dont want to waste your time or mine. if i present a hit record ive made to some execs in X genre will they not expect me to keep regurgitating that formula and sound? what i can send now isnt representative of what i want to release so wait. one day ill message you and youll be shocked with what i created.

16. Music Industry-er

Music Industry-er Member

for fame and money you wouldnt bend over? and let them work their magic?

17. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Because if you don't like how something is done elsewhere then you roll up your sleeves and you do it yourself. If you truly believe in your music then what's stopping you from running a label of your own? Do you think your music would make others want to sign to you? You do realize you have to chase your own tail for years as it's been mentioned already right?

At your job they probably pay you biweekly if you're lucky. Chasing music means working for free until a point that you're not. This means something different for every person.

You don't get instant rewards like you do on social media & fast food. The super eventual small payout & return is only worth it if you can justify your love for music over your love for money. Otherwise get used to paying out of pocket & grinding without sleep for years. Not pulling this princess shit where your areshole is ready but your demo still isn't.

18. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Nudes & Tunes are spelled exactly the same to you when you aren't squinting aren't they?

19. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

Think you've done a fair bit of that already, chief.

I literally don't even have the energy to tell you how insanely deluded you are.

Haha, I'll be genuinely shocked if you ever actually produce anything whatsoever.

Ok shall we put a timeframe on this? If you wanna work in this industry, you should get used to working to deadlines / under pressure.

So yeah - since this is what you want to devote your whole life to doing, it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask you to produce and send a track over within the next month would it? Assuming you're actually treating this as a career, then at the very minimum, I'd imagine you're committing at least 40-50hrs a week to doing this?

If you're to have any chance of surviving at all in this business, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect you to produce one half-decent track from 200hrs (ie one month) of work?

So - wanna put your money where your mouth is? Today is the 4th March - have you got the balls to publicly commit to delivering a track on/before the 4th April (2021)?

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Are you implying you are straight?
    I'm a bit confused with this last one. You mean work their magic on your hole or after... Or perhaps both ? Hmmm...
    Of course mr. Da Vinci.
    Really want an answer? Stop trolling. I am surprised how you got all these guys posting their truths in a serious manner for 4+ pages.