how to sell my soul for fame in the music biz?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Music Industry-er, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

Can't help you with the Freemasons I'm afraid (unless you're talking about the DJ / production duo?)

If you have genuinely great tracks that are well written, arranged, performed and produced - ie you can actually walk the walk, and aren't all talk, then yeah I could more than likely could introduce you to a few people.

But if all you have is a bunch of "Who do I gots to suck to be a star?" attitude, and zero actual talent / work ethic to back it up, unless you fancy sitting in the pub while a group of us literally point and laugh at you, I'd suggest you probably don't take me up on that offer.

And yes, I am keeping in mind you're willing to 'do anything'.

I'm just asking you for one very simple little thing: Post some tracks.

If you'd prefer to send me links via PM, feel free - I understand you may be worried about plagiarism, because if your music is half as good as your chat, it must be pretty spectacular.

But I'd encourage you to share here in the thread, because the more people you can let hear your music, the better the potential opportunities you might create for yourself. Plus, you will add some much-needed credibility to the copious amounts of hot air you've been blowing so far.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  2. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Very interested to hear your thoughts on the rest of it - y'know, the bits about hard work, creating your own opportunities rather than waiting for them to be handed to you.

Oh yeah, and that little bit at the end where I mentioned it would be a good idea for us to hear some of your incredible talent by - you guessed it - posting some tracks?

Just so OP can't say he didn't see it this time

3. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

Haha cheers Donut - tbh I couldn't figure out how to change font sizes, or I'd have done this several posts back. :D

4. Music Industry-er

Music Industry-er Member

it worked for Kim Kardashian

5. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

Again, awfully selective with the bits and pieces you respond to.

I'm getting a bit bored now tbh - I like having proper conversations.

So, would you like to have a proper conversation with someone who might actually be able to help you, or would you like to continue destroying your credibility some more?

I believe you were "still processing" my previous response - any thoughts?

Also - Kim Kardashian is actually a perfect example of someone who has immense talent at the very thing you started this thread about - she is incredibly talented at self-promotion, marketing herself as a brand, and developing the kind of following and interest normally reserved for A-list movie stars and presidents of relatively large countries. She's also very good at choosing the right people to have around her, and making sure she has people working for her who give her sound advice.

You could actually learn quite a bit by studying how she built her brand.

Ps: How are those song links coming?

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

OP obviously was here for dirt cheap sucky sucky, not talent. Talent is so two thousand and late. He knows that in order to make a minor chord feel like a major chord is by blowing somebodies birthday suit balloon into happy hour.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

[​IMG]

You had me in the first half, not gonna lie.

You had me changing the IR's to my bass for a hot minute there. I even went & made a snack but then you didn't deliver anything but promises that you would blow the entire football team.

But you never delivered so now I'm going to go work on being on an exec so I wouldn't have to suck my own dick like Marilyn Manson. Your promises are as full as hay straws of the short variety.

8. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Oh... I really wanna help you, but here's the thing.
    Just a few blowjobs won't cut it mate. Prepare to be ass invaded and you better have it smooth and tight or else no can do. And since obviously you are not a musician or similar, the "ass encounter" part of the equation will be prolonged indefinitely 'till you can at least pass for someone like a singer or dj. And no you can't deep fake this, but you can always try taking it in a little deeper, a quality appreciated by many music industry execs.
    So, my real world advice, get a full set of various dildo sizes and start oral and anal practicing.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Yeah & it better not be that fucking cop mission from GTA: San Andreas. You hear me OP?!

He said you can't deep fake this shit. If you can't shit a bowling ball easily breezily like a Cover girl, then what fucking talent are we talking here?

I love how he skipped over any musical talent & asked who to blow right off the bat. Fuck all else.

10. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

No one:

@Music Industry-er :
    "Look guise, I'm gonna be famous. I'll do anything. Alright now whip your dicks out right the fuck now"

AudioSex: Ok but what do you do? What are your skills? Do you scat like the scatman or do you blow a flute like that one time in bandcamp?

@Music Industry-er :
    "Look guise, I don't have time for this pointless shit. Do you want your dick sucked or not?! Offers boutta be off the table in like.... 5 minutes dawg... I'm trying to be famous, do you not understand that?"

11. Music Industry-er

Music Industry-er Member

is it just execs or others who will expect sodomy? if i want to work with an artist who is one of the biggest in the country. who would i be expected to open my arsehole to? and i am a musician i can produce instrumental music and i can play keyboard. im not a vocalist by any means however. another important question i have is, once someone actually makes it big do they still need to continue getting it in the arse? i dont want to have a gaping arsehole whereby i cant hold any shit. imagine driving home and you shit yourself in the car.

12. Lepow

Lepow Producer

[​IMG]

13. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Congratulations, if you've been reading this thread then Covid-19 has been cured. You can make bird nests out of your face masks now.

Meanwhile in the jungle, OP will be putting dickholes into his masks.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. Music Industry-er

Music Industry-er Member

I responded on the original post by editing it and adding in my new thoughts. go to comment #38

its just my thought process i think as i go along :wink:

i am not discounting the fact that she is great businesswise however she was born with a silver spoon. she had money when she was born and she could hire financial advisors. purchase a silicon arse and matching set of titties. all of which are factors which keep her relevant. women dream of being her even though she did not become her through organic means. they aim hopelessly for what cannot be gotten naturally. sex sells because its something that tends to overpower the logical mind and your decision of how to spend your money.

I responded in my previous comment #38

15. Lube Bag

Lube Bag Producer

No, you have literally nothing to brand.

Yes, and you have zero chance of doing that without any actual tracks

No. That's why I very specifically said "build a scene" - find other people working in similar genres, organise gigs together, remix for one another, etc.

But also yeah, you can learn a lot from listening and learning about other genres.

This is the most ridiculous question you've asked yet. It will be different for everyone - if you haven't done your homework to be able to recognise it when it comes, then it won't come.

Which is why you should stop running around yelling "I wanna be a star" and let your work, and real-world things you're actually doing speak for themselves.

Horrible attitude to approach this industry with, and one that will ensure you get exactly one place - nowhere.

The "I'm too much of a perfectionist" excuse is lame, and literally no one has any respect for it - it's a crutch that people with either no talent and/or no spine hide behind.

If you're so precious about your beautiful little perfect snowflakes of songs, holy shit are you in for a nasty surprise when you try to actually mass-market your work. Clearly you've never had to make a track 'radio friendly' or 'commercially viable'.

From the sounds of it, you're not working, period.

And wake-up call - you have ZERO brand rn. And you will continue to have zero brand until you actually do something.

You're presenting a bunch of wanky, circular arguments that tbh don't even stand up on the merits of good trolling.

If you are trolling, you need a hell of a lot of practice.

If you are serious, you need a serious dose of reality, and something called a work ethic.

16. livemouse

livemouse Producer

just think about it for a couple seconds. if "you" want to sell "your" soul, then what is it?

who is the "you" that you think you are that is going to sell "your" soul?

what are "you" in the first place, a body? will your body sell your soul?

or are you in fact your soul, and if you sell it, where do you think you will go? in the possession of whoever buys you.

and all the freedom you thought "you" gained is instantly negated, because there is only the illusion of success while your essence becomes a puppet with no will of its own, because of the fear of the consequences of losing such false prestige.

easy come easy go.

so learn to enjoy work, for work will set you free.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. Music Industry-er

Music Industry-er Member

duly noted, i must change my mindset. should i just release my music then no matter of how i predict the outcome? like if i think a song isnt a hit is it worth releasing? and since you have shitted on my work ethic so much what is the mindset i should have? how should i approach coming into the industry? how do i focus on my passion of music knowing somewhere across the line im going to have to suck someone off or take it up the arse? and even then i might not blow up.

18. cexcean

cexcean Producer

19. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

The part of music passion you're missing is where you do it out of the love you have for it without expecting anything return.

You seemed to be more keen on blowing somebody after you realized music making isn't as easy as you thought it'd be. It's not a conveyor belt at a convenient store, you don't just grab a box of talent off the shelf then purchase it after blowing the clerk.

20. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

OP should be glad that we didn't take him up on his word then rented a dirty business suit that someone left behind at the cleaners so they could pose as a CEO of the camera he's holding while that dude goes to town like tomorrows not coming.

He should be glad we are all decent people who would not pull that shit on him, right?