How to retrigger Volumeshaper with MIDI notes in FL Studio 10

Discussion in 'Software' started by Triple, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Triple

Triple Member

Hi!
    In FL Studio 10, I use Cableguys’ VolumeShaper3 to duck other instruments when the kick plays (imitating sidechain compression).

In FL, I use automatic plugin delay compensation and in Volumeshaper I have the ‘Beat Synced’ option so that the waveform is synced to the host tempo.
    When (on a given insert) before a Volumeshaper I have a plugin which has some latency, the waveform in the Volumeshaper doesn’t retrigger in sync with the song. If the plugin before volumeshaper has e.g. 10 ms latency (which is later automatically compensated by FL) , the volumeshaper’s waveform is NOT retriggered 10ms later, so as a result the sound is ducked 10ms too early.
    I know I could move volumeshaper’s waveform to the right, but it’s not that accurate solution...

How can I retrigger volumeshaper with a midi note in FL 10? Could you describe the exact procedure?

(In volumeshaper, I cannot access the option saying ’In From Host’. I also cannot choose the MIDI port or note)

Thanks in advance for your help!

3. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

you could route your channel to a new channel and insert volumeshaper

4. Triple

Triple Member

I think, if I route the insert to a new insert, then the latency would be passed to this new insert...

Anyone knows how to retrigger Volumeshaper 3 with a midi note in FL 10? (Do I need something like Fruity MIDI out plugin to be able to send midi into an insert?)

5. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

mmm i don't think so, should act like this:

audio/midi to channel(1) input-[chain + delay]-PDC-outuput-routings(to master example)

so Fl should fix PDC at the end of the chain just before Channel(1) output

if you send channel(1) output to channel(2) wich cointains volumeshaper and then goes to the master everything should go.

atleast you can try. I used FL some time ago, and i know it. FL users always get more problem than other daw users. Like on the others forums someone suggests something to test and they don't care or didn't try at all because isn't the solution they are thinking of. Maybe FL users deserve such daw and such problems. I'm done to replay to FL problems, let FL users replay to others FL users.

6. Triple

Triple Member

Anyone knows how to retrigger Volumeshaper (v3 or 4) with MIDI notes in FL Studio?

7. Triple

Triple Member

Anyone knows?

cheers!

8. chilliconcarnewarrior

chilliconcarnewarrior Newbie

hey!
    In fruityloops you can select a midi input channel for volumeshaper by clicking on "wrapping settings" in the upper left corner( next to the plugin options button)
    once you clicked on wrapping settings
    click on "settings
    and choose the midi input port you want
    then just open a "midi out" in flstudio and use the same midi port to send midi to volumeshaper