How to replicate this echo effect in Audacity (or other free program)?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by BloodyMares, Sep 22, 2024 at 3:03 PM.

Tags:
  1. BloodyMares

BloodyMares Newbie

I have these voice lines (see uploads) with some kind of echo-y reverb effect added to them and I'd like to know how to achieve a similar effect. I tried playing with both echo and reverb filters in Audacity but I just couldn't find the proper settings that would give me this result, so I hope someone here might have an idea.

Attached Files:

3. Shiori Oishi

Shiori Oishi Producer

Dear friend, I have just checked Audacity and found the built-in delay to be rather limited! You'd be better off downloading Valhalla Freq Echo, it's a free plugin made by the best delay/reverb plugin developer ever IMO. A 50 ms delay with 50% mix and 50% feedback is a basic recipe, but you can play with it to get it closer to that sound.

Attached Files:

4. BloodyMares

BloodyMares Newbie

For some reason using it distorts the pitch in the beginning. Do you know why that might happen?