How to recreate this horns sound?

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by deloriaman, Jun 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. deloriaman

deloriaman Newbie

I searched in many kontakt libraries, but I did not find anything like it ...

The horn sound start at 1:05

3. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Obv best option would just be to get a brass section sampler instrument, and add a shitload of reverb + compressor after the reverb for extra spaceyness. I think Ableton core library has some stuff like that.

Regular saw waves are fairly similar to brass instruments in timbre. You could layer some low saws, tweak an amp envelope to add some attack and release. Not perfect but it might work in a pinch. I'm sure you could just find a wavetable synth with a brass style table in it somewhere tho.

Idk if noticeable detuning is really the way to go. When I think of a brass section I don't really think about the sort of pulsing, phase cancellation artefacts that you get from detuning. So maybe saw waves with random phase, only very slight detune, or skip detuning and set very shallow vibrato amounts separately? Just spitballing

You might need some filter envelopes to shape the brightness. Low pass with resonance all the way down, I'd imagine.

I don't really know all that much about brass. i imagine thatd be a good start

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  4. Phil_27

Phil_27 Member

That's a french horn section with tons of reverb.

5. TeonKan

TeonKan Noisemaker

Cool horn!! Thanks