How to record video with software on Cubase

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by zadah, Feb 11, 2014.

1. zadah

zadah Newbie

I've had some time to record a video with a video recorder for recording software cubase but when I record it successfully recorded video but the audio is not recorded why I tried it several times but still the audio is not recorded, is there a setting I need to do or is there another solution.

Please help me thanks in advance.

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Are you using video software to record the screen? If so, then cubase is using the audio driver (asio?) and not the video software which is probably trying to use your default sound driver

4. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

Use asio full duplex driver inside cubase...

5. remix

remix Platinum Record

Yeah you need a full duplex soundcard...or

i noticed that when i used the ASIO4ALL driver the same thing happened so use a different driver when im recording using screen software.

6. Yubidi

Yubidi Newbie

I had the same problem, wanting to record with just my webcam on the laptop.
    Video doesn't have to be the best quality.
    But I wanted to record the audio in 48KHz, 24bits...
    The camera imediatly switched that to 44KHz, 16bits...
    If you can find Sony Vegas, it'll do the trick; it loads Vsts etc... and has multitrack.
    You need Asio, and the asio full duplex driver inside cubase, does the trick too.

7. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

It has nothing to do with full duplex; yes, full duplex is required for recording and playback simultaneously, but this is a question of which program captures the sound card resources; asio4all will by default capture sound card resources exclusively; full duplex driver won't for it is made that way, which will allow your video rec prog to record sound... In generic low latency asio driver you can choose between exclusive mode and general...
    btw, zadah, jesi li ti iz srbije? ja sam tamo rođen i ujo mi još uvijek tamo živi...

8. remix

remix Platinum Record

Ok..

9. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

:rofl:

10. zadah

zadah Newbie

I use soundcard usb scarlet 2i2 how to setting to be recorded audio?

problem with latency when i use asio full duplex driver... :(

i use soundcard scarlet 2i2 and when i use asio full duplex i get problem in latency.. :(

my soundcard is scarlet 2i2 and how to set to be recording video and sound ??

11. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

Ok, first full duplex refers to sound card's possibility of recording and playing back simultaneously. Full duplex asio driver is steinbergs main asio driver. Two different things. Second, if you intend to use asio4all because of latency you should try disabling what you don't need; for example, cubase is only playing back, and the video software is recording: in cubase choose asio4all, enter its setup, and disable recording devices leaving only playback device enabled. That should allow your video soft to record. All sound cards are full duplex; last sound card that wasn't full duplex is at least 10 years old... :rofl:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. zadah

zadah Newbie

can you send pic tutorial :)

13. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

I first made a pic tutorial for asio4all, but then remembered something important. GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS AND READ THE LAST CAPITALIZED LINES FIRST!

This is from Cubase 5 and I have my own keycommands so what you see wouldn't work for you and I don't know what the original keycommands are.

First open your cubase project; under devices choose device setup:

[​IMG]

In the left tree view choose vst audio system, click on the display on the upper right and choose asio4all;

[​IMG]

Choose switch asio drivers and click on control panel;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the control panel of asio4all you can choose what is disabled and what is enabled. I don't know how your panel will look for I don't know the names that will be displayed in it. On the left side of the buses in the panel you click on the square to toggle enable/disable buses.

[​IMG]

BUT! I JUST REMEMBERED! IT IS MORE THAN LIKELY YOU WILL HAVE TO ACTUALLY ENABLE STEREO MIX IN YOUR SOUND CARD PROPERTIES FOR THAT IS WHAT IS REQUIRED TO RECORD SOMETHING THAT IS NOT COMING FROM ANY PARTICULAR SOURCE, MEANING IF YOU ENABLE STEREO MIX YOU WILL BE RECORDING EVERYTHING THAT IS BEING HEARD ON YOUR COMPUTER!
    Do as follows (for windows 7) :
    Go start-> control panel -> sound.
    Under recording -> right click and choose : show disabled devices (if they are hidden)
    Then find corresponding stereo mix: if you have more than one sound card there can be more than one stereo mix.
    In that case you need to know how to set your video rec soft input buses, but you can cheat and enable all stereo mixes you find:
    right click on the stereo mix and enable.

14. zadah

zadah Newbie

@drdark2

Thank you for the tutorial.. :) but i disable my soundcard onboard realtek and i enable my soundcard eksternal usb 2i2..

15. Toguro

Toguro Noisemaker

I try to record with my audio interface m, but not capitate and sound! Why?

16. Swatch

Swatch Kapellmeister

hi there.
    Had exact the same situation, few days before.
    Here is the solution:
    http://www.audiomentor.com/audioproduction/resolved-screencasting-your-windows-daw-with-asio

the last tutorial with voicemeter. Worked really good with camtasia.
    Once you setup this, you only have to change your sound device to voicemeter and you can playback, hear and record.
    Didnt try it live because of latency in midid

But 1080p picture and original HQ Sound.

btw.: does anyone know, how to get good sound on facebook?
    When i try to upload my recorded stuff, it sounds so bad.
    Files are mp4 aac 720p
    Tried every format.
    On youtube, everythings perfect
    It from Camtasia

Bye :)