How to recolor or reskin - Fl Studio

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by mono, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

The link probably fell victim to a dmca takedown request. :banned:

2. Manuels

Manuels Newbie

F**k there's no way to do it then. Damn. Juwt boring see all this colors.

3. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Why is there no way? You got the link in a PM if I'm not wrong, and I am not. :woot:

4. C3 Corp.

C3 Corp. Newbie

Have been looking through these posts for a while now and decided to try and start skinning FL Studio 12 myself. Currently I'm stuck on skinning the gray panel boxes in the top toolbar. Does anyone have any where I might go in RCDATA to do so, or if I even have to be in RCDATA to do it? Any help is much appricated.

5. Manuels

Manuels Newbie

You are not. Thank you!

6. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Hi @C3 Corp.
    Those gray panel boxes are in the RCData under TToolbarform. Change the Top and Bottom Toolbar color there if you use 2 lines.

7. sucklord19k

sucklord19k Member

I hate to bother you, but...is there any way I could also get a PM for the video(s)? :wink:

8. C3 Corp.

C3 Corp. Newbie

Hey! Thanks for reaching out with some insight into this stuff. TToolbarform only appears in the RCDATA for FL Studio 20. I am attempting to change the gray panel boxes for FL Studio 12. How would I go about doing that?

9. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Never mind :winker:

You'd need to patch it to do that, but there was a trick @r4e found that kept us going before we knew how to patch it. Only was a bit glitchy when undocking the panels.
    You need to change some flags in the TFRUITYLOOPSMAINFORM, then you're able to set the color.

[​IMG]
    There's also a video how to for this, I can look it up for you if you don't understand the screenshot.

10. C3 Corp.

C3 Corp. Newbie

I'm not seeing said flags when looking in the TFRUITYLOOPSMAINFORM. Where would I find said flags to change? That video you mentioned would also be much appreciated. :) Thanks.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  11. C3 Corp.

C3 Corp. Newbie

What does "patching" entail? How and why would I want to do this?

12. C3 Corp.

C3 Corp. Newbie

Alright! Got everything working and was able to change the gray panels. :) Now I am working on getting the shortcut buttons to be the same color as the background. How would I go about doing that? Also would appreciate some help with the channel rack. Thanks!

[​IMG]

13. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Concerning the taskbar in FL 12.5, patching gets you a less glitchy end result, but it can take some time to get familiar with the debugger. We are lucky to have @momo, who went through the code for weeks to find all kinds of color codes, but even with the patches, its still some work to change the colors in them to your likes.

I was pretty happy when @r4e came up with the flag trick and only started with the patching later after I found all the other colors in the RCData.

The buttons are somewhere close to where you found the gray boxes, also in the TFRUITYLOOPSMAINFORM.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  14. excited

excited Newbie

can someone reup FL Valentine 12.5.1.5 ?

15. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Found it PM'd you the link. :yes:

16. C3 Corp.

C3 Corp. Newbie

I was able to change the color value of the buttons, but it seems FL is changing the value provided to a lighter value automatically. :/ Either that or I am editing the incorrect color values.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  17. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Yup, those colors are a lot of guesswork. Had tried all kinds of numbers until I found something that came close to what I wanted. I think you can only change the color of the symbols, which leads to the background changing automatically.

You can also try leaving out either red, green or blue channel completely in colormania and see what happens.

18. C3 Corp.

C3 Corp. Newbie

By that do you mean the "QuickFont.Color" value? That is what I am experimenting with at the moment with mixed results. If I set that value to completely white (Powerbuilder: 16777215) the shortcut box becomes light gray, like the photo I posted.

19. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

Yes I meant the QuickFontColor. Just had a look at momos valentine skin (which you can see on the first page of this thread) and there he used 658592 as QFontColor and 131275 as Color, so he used both and got an almost complete black background. Those two values are pretty close to each other so maybe the background is calculated by the difference between the numbers?
    :mad:

20. C3 Corp.

C3 Corp. Newbie

I'm not sure. I had to do some experimenting but here's what I have so far. Any advice on changing the color of the peak meter bars, CPU bar, and spectrogram readout?

[​IMG]