How to recolor or reskin - Fl Studio

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by mono, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Usdllama

Usdllama Noisemaker

I see that there is a way to change a folder's color, but is there a way to make all folders the same color by default? Or do I have to make an NFO for each and every folder..?

2. Raffael

Raffael Newbie

hey ive just downloaded the file from r4e updated from mono #283 and opend it and now my fl dont start anymore even after new installation everything does anybody know how to fix this problem? Heeelp

3. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

Did you use it on FL Studio 20.5.0 or on the new 20.5.1?
    It only works on 20.5.0!

Using any skin on any other version leads into chrashing FL.
    In that case and if resetting the skin doesnt work, you should go to your FL Studio folder
    and delete the *.en files (flengine.en and flengine_x64.en).

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Raffael

Raffael Newbie

ahhhhhhh man thx a lot it works again.... buuuuut without your fantastic theme 8( do u or anybody else know where i can find a FL 20.5 version for windows because on image line i just get the newest version 8(

edit i think i found something

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  5. Raffael

Raffael Newbie

yessssss Niiiiiice it works just fine thanks a lot for your work man Really!!!!! muuch more inspiring to work now........

i got 2 questions i did saw some videos about the different programms u guys use for changing the skin, like the Resource Tuner all kind of that type of programms which one do u use? and is it possible to make the Browser Tab on The Left Different Colors ( i mean project files, chanel presets etc.) and also the steps in the chanel rack steps i guess chanel rack steps are.. i guess i go thru all these posts here and will find my answers but thank you so much again its really dope!

Edit: ohh btw is there also some skins in 20.5 like valentine and snowwhite?

6. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

All your questions are answered already on the previous pages in this thread.
    Steps and the browser itself can't be skinned as long as fl stays as protected as it is currently.

Image-Line doesn't want you to be creative and customize the GUI for some senseless reason.
    On page 17 of this thread you can find a way to recolor at least the folders in the browser.

7. Raffael

Raffael Newbie

so stupid from image-line.... Guys i also want to join so after reading allmost all posts here i guess i need some files.....
    does anybody has the dll for Resource Tuner, Patches, maybe the links to the videos and a Skinpack with Valentine Snowwhite 8bit and i also take all others 8)

thanks 1000 times

8. Jhonelvin Cepeda

Jhonelvin Cepeda Newbie

can someone send me the valentine skin for fl studio :( i need that inspiration

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. mewoingtons

mewoingtons Producer

I just updated to 20.5.0.1142, checked this thread, and I'm lovin the midnight skin! I'd be lying if I wasn't missing the adobe black one though I had earlier haha. Looking forward to more skins in the future :)

10. lancexx

lancexx Producer

I'm not sure how many Mac FL20 users there are here but if anyone knows of any resources to help with changing the vector colors it would be greatly appreciated. So far my tickets on the official forum have been ignored but I'm undetered in getting the sweet and sleek FL black colorway for myself.
    I'm also curious how many others here are like me in the sense that they are influenced by the colors of the DAW they're using. I'm aware it doesn't effect my sound directly but I'd argue it has a big impact on the perception of the project and the mood I'm in while working on it. Since we've reached 18 pages discussing recolors and reskins I'm sure there are others who are effected by the colors they stare at for hours and hours on end. I'm blown away by the resources that exist for recoloring ableton but it's workflow never sat well with me after 9 years of FL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  11. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

Never thougth about that term the way you explained it but it's absolutely true.
    That's probably THE reason why we customize the gui.

It's the same like in real life. If you have to work in such an office:
    [​IMG]
    no matter what you do, your work starts to suck somewhen.

You definitely will become more creative and more productive in an office that fits your expectations.

[​IMG]

12. mewoingtons

mewoingtons Producer

Been using the adobe black skin for months now, I definitely feel what you mean!

13. thailor

thailor Newbie

can someone post the downloaad?

14. Roboto

Roboto Producer

Is there any way to skin Build 1193?
    Theme patcher doesn't do anything (as expected).

15. prodbyhaze

prodbyhaze Newbie

Hi! Can someone help me to create own template?

16. Audiologist

Audiologist Member

There isn't one for the latest FL versions. If you are looking for older versions, go back some page in the thread.
    20.5.1.1193 is the latest version of FL, it cannot be custom skinned easily (there is a VM-ware type protection). There is a black theme in the previous pages, however.
    What version? The latest FL, 20.5.1.1193, cannot be easily skinned as it was in the past.

17. Roboto

Roboto Producer

Nope, not working either. Black theme instantly crashes FL. Maybe the patcher could be updated, though.

18. Raging

Raging Newbie

bro pls tell me how can i get this gorgeous background i need this A$AP

19. gian_oceandreams

gian_oceandreams Newbie

I've got a legal version of Fl Studio 20.1.1
    I've tried to open Fl_Enginex64.dll with ResourceHacker and the other programs mentioned in the comments above... but the RCData folder doesn't appear, It seems that is hidden or incorporated somewhere...
    Any suggestions?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  20. lancexx

lancexx Producer

From the IL forums: 20.6 beta patch notes
    General Settings - 'Manage warning messages' option for 'don't show this in the future' dialogs. Replaced the 'Theme' selector from General settings with a 'Silent startup' check box.

The important part here is the removal of the theme selector option entirely. I interpret this as IL completely abandoning the idea of official themes/skins/colorways. Though it could also mean they are moving the option somewhere else and working on themes still. I'm keeping a small sliver of hope that they are handling this but every question about this (there are many) on the official forums has either no reply from staff or just other members agreeing with the posters sentiment.
    This patch will also be adding a feature to export directly to soundcloud (dying platform), a feature I have never seen requested so I'm not sure what their approach towards user requested features really is.