how to produce multiple voices ( K.W example)

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by adrien, May 25, 2016.

1. adrien

adrien Guest

3. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Two sample (1xchannel) and vocoder on 2nd channel.

4. adrien

adrien Guest

Yes, the normal voice on the 1st channel, and a vocoder for the second, but the question is, which vocoder, which effect, because this effect maybe is not basic. Like if i take the new Izotope vox vocoder, no preset will give something like that... i think..

5. jeffglobal

jeffglobal Producer

Simple, get iZotope's VocalSynth. It has 4 different ways to mess with your voice. If you want exactly which one, I call you lazy. The sample sounds very melodic, so it might even be Kontakt's ToneMachine (which is just under the hood of kontakt) added to the dry, and vocoder. Hmmm, I listened to it again, idk, if any vocoder was used. My ears are too new. Sounds to me like dry and ToneMachine

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  6. adrien

adrien Guest

Really nice thanks, no i'm not lazy haha, just want to know how he did exactly =) i hate copy people, i love knowing how they do.
    Thanks for the tutorial, and it's really what i was learning today, about the configuration in Kontakt, i just bought scripts from Soniccouture : http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/27-electronica/g16-scriptorium/
    to boost sampling under Kontakt.
    And i also just bought Omnisphere 2 ! Since 1 year i wanted it, for its granular effects

7. jeffglobal

jeffglobal Producer

I'm still learning Omnisphere, it scares me because it makes me feel ignorant. But there are "sounds" that ppl have as "signature" sounds, that they keep secret too. So there's lots of barriers to information sharing. You should play with VocalSynth though if you can, I don't really like the sounds, but I may be the only synth player that finds saw waves harsh and dissonant.

8. adrien

adrien Guest

yes seems that Omnisphere has some good points to discover. And yes i start understanding the meaning of keeping secret some informations. It's like we've found a paradise during a travel, we'll not tell where we found it.. =)