How to prevent your DAW from loading all Waves plug-ins?

Discussion in 'Software' started by D-Music, Jun 14, 2016.

1. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

It seems that removing the unused bundles out of the 'Plug-Ins V9' folder won't help anymore. There's still a connection with the AU/VST Waveshells left but the question remains: where? I'm on Logic Pro X 10.2.3 and El Capitan 10.11.5. Does someone know a solution perhaps? :) And yes, disabling them in the plug-in manager is an alternative but I want to keep everything as clean as possible with only the tools I really need (and without loading everything I don't use).

3. Sonar Sounds

Sonar Sounds Ultrasonic

I solved this by simply deleting/moving the plugins you don't need from the Waveshell folder :wink:

4. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

... that's why logic has the AU unit manager. To keep things clean and neat and manage the DAWs' resources. If you want to 'thin' out your waves plugins folder, you should install only the plugs you want in there from the git-go. Messing with the plugins in the Waves plugs folder could result in unwanted instabillity.
    cheers!

5. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

But in the Waveshell folder there are only Waveshells, it's the Plug-Ins V9 folder with all the bundles included that did the trick before Waves started with that anoying Waves Central. Or am I missing a certain file?
    True. But it should work the same way as with removing components from the plug-ins folder in library/audio. Sometimes installments have more modules or fx and instruments included that I don't need. Removing them to a folder somewhere else (as a back-up) won't effect Logic as far as I know. And of course, the loading is much faster now with the latest updates but still. Working with a shortlist improves worlflow ;-)

6. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

@D-Music ... nop the plugins are still in the Plugin folder within the Waves Aplication folder.
    if you decide to do remove individual plugs from the Waves Plugin folder, reset and clear the plugin cache from logic and have logic re-scan the plugins.

7. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

In my DAW I can just tick/untick plugins if they should be loaded or not. Good for when you still want to access them later on or temporarily "remove" them from the plugin-list (faster loading time).

8. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Cubase, I guess Baxter?

9. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

You can actually install only the wave plug-ins you use. Or spend an hour or so in Logic's Plug-in manager to categorise your plugins. Something like (note: my waves favourites are scattered across the upper main categories)...

[​IMG]

10. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

Well, that's the point, Logic still loads everything (also visable in the plugin manager). So there must be a 'hidden' connection somewhere between the Waveshells that are related to the plug-in folder and the Waveshells in the AU/VST folders. That was no problem up to v9.3 (even individual installments were much easier) but since Waves Central ... too complicated IMO. I guess I prefer the oldskool way: open a dmg file, select what you want, install and done.
    That's one of the alternatives yes, if there's no solution for the 'load everything' issue.