How To Prevent Windows 10 From Upgrading Without your permission (Tutorial)

Discussion in 'PC' started by Mr_Amine, May 28, 2016.

1. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

How To Prevent Windows 10 From Upgrading Without your permission
    • 1 - First Download Gwx Control Panel Setup from http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/GwxControlPanelSetup.exe
    • 2 - You Will get this interface it's sample to prevent Windows 10 from upgrading without you permission click {click to prevent ''Get Windows 10" App}

[​IMG]

• 3 - And If You are Ready to upgrade Click on "Click to Allow Windows 10 Upgrades"
    The Only Reason Why I Post This Post Because Microsoft Yesterday They Release Another kb3035583
    & They Repack it To Force People To Upgrade To Windows 10 Without Their Permission
    so i hope this post will help people prevent the Stupid-Microsoft from doing this to us

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  3. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

The only way to prevent Windows 10 from upgrading without your permission is to install Linux ... however the Windows popup will probably still keep on happening :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

indeed by the way i do use linux on my main laptop that i use for business email
    and for my old laptop i only use is windows 7 for streaming online
    so like everyone else i love to be in control of my machines and not the other way around

5. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I was impressed with KDE Plasma it looks like a winner.

6. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

my friend did tried this and that GWX get win 10 icon disappeared for good
    and that win 10 pub will never pop up again trust me on this one
    and the sad thing is the media center is not available in win 10
    and a lot of devices rely on media center to work properly

7. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I meant the Windows popup will still happen in Linux :rofl:

8. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

lol Stupid-Microsoft they wish to do that in linux LMAO :no::rofl:

9. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

10. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

I'm guessing they will keep trying to roll out Windows 10 masked as incremental updates. There is a little guide that allows you to do it without having to install anything new I guess it should be taken with a grain of salt since it's ALSO posted on MS's website but it's pretty easy and took less then the time it would take to install anything and just involves creating a few keys with regedit stuff if you feel like doing it manually.

http://www.howtogeek.com/228551/how...-8-from-downloading-windows-10-automatically/

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3080351

11. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

That being said @Mr_Amine anime is there any reason I should install the software rather than changing the regedit file and disabling windows update?

12. thethirdperson

thethirdperson Producer

This is probably the best most in depth article with a step by step guide:
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to...des-on-your-business-network-and-at-home-too/

That being said I totally answered my own question. I entered the keys in the wrong subfolder and all of a sudden I got the scary "your system will update to Windows 10 on such and such date and time." I then entered them in the right place and the Get Windows 10 thing disappeared after it restarted. So if you are prone to error let something else do the work for you :bleh:

13. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

You can also extract the GwxControlPanelSetup.exe with 7zip
    So no need to install it just extract it and run it and follow the post above

14. Jasmine

Jasmine Producer

15. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

this post for the people was forced to upgrade from windows 7
    by the way i use windows 10 on all my New PCS & Desktops but my old laptop i use windows 7 on it and i like it
    and i didn't want to upgrade to win 10 on my old laptop it's a choice and i didn't even want to upgrade
    but Microsoft they keep pushing new update to prepare my old laptop to upgrade
    the main reason why Microsoft force people to upgrade from win 7 & 8.1 to win 10 just to tell the world that they have billions of users using their new platform Windows 10
    (They're great but their move is nasty)
    i upgrade last year & i still use windows 10 on 9 PCS (5 desktops & 4 laptops)
    but i decide to keep windows 7 on my old i5 laptop that i use for browsing the net only & testing plugins & coding
    And i believe it's a choice of mine if i want to keep windows 7 on one machine ,
    and believe Me there is a lot of people like me who feel the same

EDiT : By the way i still use media center on win 7 with some of my devices so windows 10 doesn't have media center so most of my devices that i use for streaming on my old laptop they didn't work on windows 10 so i have my reasons and other people too & it is only a matter of choice & again this post is for people who want to keep their windows 7 Or 8 Or 8.1

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016